New to suppressors

mww982

I have two Browning X-Bolts that are suppressor ready, a .223 and .300 Win Mag. However, the .300 Win Mag has a 26" barrel and I'm thinking that barrel length is going to be way too long with the addition of a suppressor. Thinking about having it re-rebarreled later somewhere between 18-22" but having a hard time finding an aftermarket barrel for it, any suggestions?

Secondly, I'm new to the suppressor game and have it narrowed down to these three: Silencerco Omega 300, Energetic Armament Peak 30 and the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen K. What are your thoughts on these suppressors? For now, it would just be used on the .223 and eventually the .300 win mag if I can get it re-barreled.

I have two Browning X-Bolts that are suppressor ready, a .223 and .300 Win Mag. However, the .300 Win Mag has a 26" barrel and I'm thinking that barrel length is going to be way too long with the addition of a suppressor. Thinking about having it re-rebarreled later somewhere between 18-22" but having a hard time finding an aftermarket barrel for it, any suggestions?

Secondly, I'm new to the suppressor game and have it narrowed down to these three: Silencerco Omega 300, Energetic Armament Peak 30 and the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen K. What are your thoughts on these suppressors? For now, it would just be used on the .223 and eventually the .300 win mag if I can get it re-barreled.
I am unsure what you mean by having a hard time looking for an after-market barrel. There are plenty of barrel manufacturers out there.

Do a search on the suppressor; this has been extensively covered. It boils down to intended purpose, budget, and personal preferences. I wanted to support small and local businesses in my home state, so I stayed with Eliteiron and Rex Silentium.

I am unsure what you mean by having a hard time looking for an after-market barrel. There are plenty of barrel manufacturers out there.

Do a search on the suppressor; this has been extensively covered. It boils down to intended purpose, budget, and personal preferences. I wanted to support small and local businesses in my home state, so I stayed with Eliteiron and Rex Silentium.
I'm familiar with the barrel makers, just doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the X-bolt specifically. I have only seen a few posts about re-barreling them.

I have searched, but haven't found much info on the energetic armament or otter creek.

I'm familiar with the barrel makers, just doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the X-bolt specifically. I have only seen a few posts about re-barreling them.
Because barrel manufacturers do not make them specifically for the X-bolt or other gun manufacturers, get a blank barrel and have a competent gunsmith to re-barrel it for you. If you are looking for a pre-fit for an X-bolt, I do not know anyone at this time that makes them; perhaps others will chime in.
I have searched, but haven't found much info on the energetic armament or otter creek.
It means they are not the preferred ones, just like my choices.

Out of your 3 choices listed the omega 300 is a proven winner, tons of positive reviews out there.
Why not just have your current barrel cut down and threaded?

I know nothing about the cans you mentioned. As far as barrel length, I have a YHM Resonator on a 26" barrel. I really like this can but this combo is waaay too long for a hunting rig. Mine is strictly a bench gun.

I don't have any experience with the suppressors you listed, but I do like my Griffins.
I also suggest just having your barrel cut down and re threaded.

I have the Browning Xbolt western hunter LR in 300 win mag with a 26" barrel and I run a Nomad 30 can on it. It does make the gun long and I have thought about cutting a couple inches off the barrel but I haven't convinced myself to do it yet. It shoots really well the way it is so I'm just going to roll with it for now. As for the 3 suppressors you mentioned, I know nothing about them so I couldn't give an honest opinion. My Nomad 30 gets used on a .308, .223, 300win mag and 2 different 6.5 cm's.

I'm very happy with my SilencerCo omega 300!!! a shorter barrel for a rebarrel when suppressed is a good idea but for now, why don't you have your barrel cut shorter and rethreaded?

Understand that a 300 WM with a barrel cut to 18"-22" is no longer a 300 WM. The ballistics from the shortened barrel will equate to the performance of a 308 Winchester or a 30-06. Possibly selling the rifle and purchasing a shorter barreled 308 or 30-06 should be considered.

I'd recommend you get the best suppressor you can afford for the intended purpose of Maximizing Sound Suppression
as your Priority. Often times the short, lightweight, or inexpensive in stock units, etc; are not the best choice. It can be a daunting task finding comparative info on models, but It's worth the effort.

I started with a short, lightweight hunting model, and soon learned after using mine and comparing it to other shooters models
that Maximizing Suppression would be my
Priority on my next purchase.

PM me if you'd like to chat about my thoughts on my experiences.

Good Luck.

I'm know expert when it comes to silencer but I do have a fair amount of experience with them. I have been shooting them for about 4 years now and I will never shoot without one ever again because of my hearing lose that I have received over my 50 years of shooting. I have 8 of them. Your barrel concern is real 20" to 22" is a great match. I would recommend Silencer Central (Banish 30) not because I think there better then anything else out there but that they give you the ability to take them apart and clean them (Which is Hugh) but also the ability to shorten the length from 9"to 6" for hunting.
Having the ability to clean your can is huge, I went to a long range shooting school a month ago and I was using one of the schools silencers (Thunder Beasts) and in one of the drills we were shooting I had to shoot 10 targets in 2 minutes which seems simple but after shooting 5 shots my rifle bolt had a stiff bolt lift because of the silencer was dirty and cause back pressure. A welded silencer that you can't take apart and clean makes it really had to get them clean. You can soak them in solvent for 2 days but never get them clean like new but silencer central Cans you can clean them like new because of being about to take them apart. I will say that you do need to take them apart after 100 to 150 shots or they are a pig to get apart.

Good luck and hope this helps you.
Randy