Looking to get a couple suppressors

I'm wanting to get a couple suppressors. I have no idea really of what's the "best" way to apply but I do know I want my wife and son to be able to use them. So I'm told a trust is the route to go?? Looking to putting them primarily on a 300 wsm I'm building and a 308 win. Would love to use them on other threaded rifles I got as well. Am I better off applying online with a company like silencer shop or at a local gun shop? And can you add someone to the trust down the road? Any help is appreciated. And I hope things are faster than what I've heard lol.
I own four 30 cal suppressors and two 22 lr. Use on 6.5 CM, 6 CM,7mm-08, 7mm SAUM regularly. Medium calibers are more pleasant and more accurate (probably due to shooter comfort). Almost always grab my two Thunderbeast Ultras due to lighter weight.

Start with a single person trust and add others later. Prior law allowed one background check and unlimited users in a trust up-front. Not now.

Support your local gun shop and do it through them if possible, they may partner with Silencer Shop but ones I use have done a good job independently.

Two things most don't fully understand- 1- Suppressors mainly make big game rifles more shootable- that is less recoil and muzzle blast and "quieter" but hearing protection still needed. If you shoot once in a while unprotected, there less harm. 2- Suppressors add *significant length* and some weight to rifles. Use them on 20-22 inch barrel. Carrying a 24-26 inch barreled hunting rifle with a 7-9 inch suppressor is like packing a fishing pole.

Use a lsg that has cans in stock and has a silencer shop kiosk, that way is much quicker not having to order one and waiting for the transfer to the lgs before you can even get started on the form4.

I'm wanting to get a couple suppressors. I have no idea really of what's the "best" way to apply but I do know I want my wife and son to be able to use them. So I'm told a trust is the route to go?? Looking to putting them primarily on a 300 wsm I'm building and a 308 win. Would love to use them on other threaded rifles I got as well. Am I better off applying online with a company like silencer shop or at a local gun shop? And can you add someone to the trust down the road? Any help is appreciated. And I hope things are faster than what I've heard lol.
without a trust you are the only one who can legally use or posess the suppressors. Silencer Shop does a One Shot trust thing that was pretty easy and relatively fast, but it only has the purchaser in the trust, so I'm still the only one who can use it, or I have to be there.... I'm trying to figure out how to get a multi-person trust, that can also have multiple supressors

You can add multiple users to your trust after you get your approval. You will need to just fill out the addendum to add users and have it notarized . Super easy and you don't need to chase everyone down for prints and photos.

Crazymonkey:

A little clarification, if I was ask:

I bought a can last month using a Silencerco kiosk at a LGS. But I didn't create a trust, frankly because the LGS was not extremely forthcoming with information. They'd answer questions I'd ask, but if I didn't know to ask, they wouldn't think to tell me. Bottom line, I'm now one month into what I think will be an 8 month wait.

But I'm old enough (80) that I know I need to create a trust so when the inevitable happens, my estate can pass my can without having to surrender it. My S-I-L has a couple of cans, so I know he can pass the fingerprints and other checks. He has a trust.

Questions:

1. Should I just get listed on his trust and put my can in his trust?
2. Should I create my own trust and list him in that?
3. If I already have a tax stamp for a personal can, can I create a trust and move that can into my trust without waiting 8 months for another tax stamp?

Too many possibilities. Gotta figure out the best way to set things up.

I'm no expert but I do believe you can go either way . You will still have to transfer the can again no matter what you do. Once your paperwork is approved you can transfer it into a trust of your choice. I'm currently in the same boat as the lgs did the same to me . I already have A trust for my current suppressors but didn't have the info with me or in the silencer shop kiosk. So the new can went in as a individual. It took a few days to get my trust papers over to them . Hopefully it will be easier on the next can in a few months ( silencerco bogo ) free can . If not I'm going to do there one shot trust .

Crazymonkey:

I bought a can last month using a Silencerco kiosk at a LGS. But I didn't create a trust, frankly because the LGS was not extremely forthcoming with information. They'd answer questions I'd ask, but if I didn't know to ask, they wouldn't think to tell me. Bottom line, I'm now one month into what I think will be an 8 month wait.

But I'm old enough (80) that I know I need to create a trust so when the inevitable happens, my estate can pass my can without having to surrender it. My S-I-L has a couple of cans, so I know he can pass the fingerprints and other checks. He has a trust.

Questions:

3. If I already have a tax stamp for a personal can, can I create a trust and move that can into my trust without waiting 8 months for another tax stamp?

If you applied as an individual and know you want it in a trust you need to cancel the current application and then reapply with the trust. Otherwise you'd have to do another $200 to move it from you the individual to you the trust. Not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice.

Crazymonkey:

Questions:

If you get it as an individual and want to move it to a trust, you have to pay the $200 again for the transfer, but you retain possession of it, since you already own it as an individual. You just have to decide how you want to do it.

Get a suppressor that can accept threads from different firearms, I've got one that fits my,17,hornet,204,and 22 Tikka Get titanium about a 4 oz can,Liberty suppressors is where mine came from.Phenomenal,no ear protection needed.

Looking at a local dealer.
Said I can get nfa trust for 125 ?
He's a single individual that's been in the game awhile.No kiosk.
I prefer a trust from the start were I can add a buddy,wife or kid later.
What should I be looking for.
Whats the best option for pictures and is one set good if buying two suppressors?

I don't have the link, but someone on this site does, for a trust that costs $49. I've looked into them -- they appear to kno2w what they're doing.