Looking for Suppressor Advise

One more for the TBAC 338 Ultra. Currently, you will own no better can in .338 cal. and is next on my list to own.
and my 2nd can is a TBAC .300 Ultra 9 which I own and love.

If you haven't already read through this, you should take the time to do it!

FWIW, I also own a Rex Silentium MOD-X can, which can be separated in half and used.

Last edited:
Ok Gents looking to buy two suppressors and am seeking some advice.

#1 Can is for - 338LM, 300 Rum, 300WM, 30-06.

#2 Can is for - 308, 6.5-284, 6.5CM, 6.8SPC, 270.

Q: What brand & model would you recommend?
Q: What is your experience with it?

Looking forward to the replies

Thanks.
As you can see, you will get a variety of recommendations/preferences. Consider your budget and intended purpose, such as target vs. hunting. This leads to the following considerations: the weight and length of the suppressor.

I wanted to support small businesses and made-in-Montana products, so I went with Eliteiron (https://eliteiron.com/) and Rex Silentium (https://rexsilentium.com/). The Rex Silentium is model MG10 for my.338 Thor. The other two are from Eliteiron: the 30 Bravo SD and Bravo 1. The Bravo SD is on my.30 Lara, but I have used it on my.300 WM, .300 WSM, .270 AI, .264 WM, .257 WBY, and 6.5 CM. The Bravo 1 is on my AR-10 (.308 Win). Good luck!

Good morning Coach P.
I'm a silencer central fan because you can break them down and clean them. A lot of the silencer out there are welded and you are not able to do this. Some will say this is not a big deal until it get so dirty that you will have a stiff bolt lift which I experienced at a long range shooting school during a shooting challenge where I had to shoot 10 targets in 2 minutes, after the 5th shot I was fighting the bolt. It was the schools (Thunder Beast suppressor) that I was using and it cost me to loose the challenge. They have everything you need from 22 rim fire to your 338. I have a 22 Rim fire on order as we speak, but I have 2 Banish 30's and 1- 223 on a AR that I like.
Pro's & Cons with the Banish 30's. Pro's you have the option to make it a 7" suppressor for hunting or 9" for maximum sound suppressing at the range. Con's you have to be diligent in breaking it apart after using it because the thread can be extremely hard to get apart. JMO

Last edited:
Good morning Coach P.
I'm a silencer central fan because you can break them down and clean them. A lot of the silencer out there are welded and you are not able to do this. Some will say this is not a big deal until it get so dirty that you will have a stiff bolt lift which I experienced at a long range shooting school during a shooting challenge where I had to shoot 10 targets in 2 minutes, after the 5th shot I was fighting the bolt. It was the schools (Thunder Beast suppressor) that I was using and it cost me to loose the challenge. They have everything you need from 22 rim fire to your 338. I have a 22 Rim fire on order as we speak, but I have 2 Banish 30's and 1- 223 on a AR that I like.
Pro's & Cons with the Banish 30's. Pro's you have the option to make it a 7" suppressor for hunting or 9" for maximum sound suppressing at the range. Con's you have to be diligent in breaking it apart after using it because the thread can be extremely hard to get apart. JMO
Stiff bolt lift from a dirty suppressor?

Stiff bolt lift from a dirty suppressor?
It creates back pressure just like to hot of a load. Sounds crazy but I experience it first hand. I was at Wolf precision shooting school with Jamie Dodson in Pennsylvania and he told me that's what happens if the suppressor gets to dirty, 20 years of experience. Who am I to argue with an expect.

Buy once cry once! :cool:

BOCO.jpg

Pew Science conducts very scientific testing of suppressors, with decibel readings taken at two locations, by the shooter's ear and off to the side, where, say, a guide would be for the shot. Here is a link to their methodology and rankings: https://pewscience.com/rankings

A score of 50 or higher means you can shoot a day at the range without causing hearing damage; 40 to 50 means you can lave "limited practice" without causing damage.

Click on the "overall composite suppression rating" column to get the results sorted by overall combined results.

The CGS Group Hyperion gets the highest supersonic rifle cartridge rating, a 6.5 Creedmoor scoring at 58.2; second highest subsonic 300 BLK scored at 72.3, and 2nd highest supersonic .308 at 52.3.

The best supersonic .308 was the CAT JL/A1 at 53.8.

The Thunder Beast Ultra 9 tested a supersonic .308 at 46.1.

They have not tested a .338 yet.

Click on the column Manufacturer to see the ratings by maker.

I have had great luck with SilencerCo.
The Omega 300 works great for .308 and down. I haven't needed hearing protection for years.
I have a 36M for my 8.6 BLK and .338 Lapua. It works great as well.