In the Ear? Really???

Good thing we have the house and senate. Just like Obama care they may be able to push it through not giving a **** what others think.
My favorite person to watch destroy liberals is Ben Shapiro. You tube him vs piers Morgan. He also has great videos on how to make leftist look dumb.

Ben shapiro is the man. Very calm, controlled, and informed when arguing. You know he is winning the argument when his opponent do two things; call him a racist or go "really, really?"

I would love it if they legalized suppressors. That would be awesome.

Ben shapiro is the man. Very calm, controlled, and informed when arguing. You know he is winning the argument when his opponent do two things; call him a racist or go "really, really?"

I would love it if they legalized suppressors. That would be awesome.
Two traditionally reliable republican states in the past like The Carolinas I'm really shocked it hasn't already happened for you. Keep your chin up, the mid terms are less than 2 years away and if the Republicans manage to keep even a few of their promises and we start seeing some real improvement in real jobs things can turn over fast and get you both back on the "right side of things".

The rest of us will be there with good wishes and real support.

If you don't mind me asking what are you doing at Bragg these days? I had some "interesting times there in the 80's and 90's, all three times I was in our Parent Unit was HQ'd in Bragg. I was with JSOC when we still had 2 Unicorns.

Last edited:
Two traditionally reliable republican states in the past like The Carolinas I'm really shocked it hasn't already happened for you. Keep your chin up, the mid terms are less than 2 years away and if the Republicans manage to keep even a few of their promises and we start seeing some real improvement in real jobs things can turn over fast and get you both back on the "right side of things".

The rest of us will be there with good wishes and real support.

If you don't mind me asking what are you doing at Bragg these days? I had some "interesting times there in the 80's and 90's, all three times I was in our Parent Unit was HQ'd in Bragg. I was with JSOC when we still had 2 Unicorns.

I'm a 12A in a Sapper BN 1BCT, 82ND. I was waiting for company command but now I'm 100% sure I'm getting out and just going the Georgia reserve or national guard route to finish up retirement. It's not a bad job at all, pretty exciting actually, just tired of being away from friends and family.

We can legally hunt here in Michigan with them thanks to our governor. But the tax stamp is still a pain. I bought 5 suppressors this spring and filed paperwork for my trust before the deadline and am still waiting to get them. Kick in the balls is I bought two extra .30 cal ones cause the local shop said he would have them in time for the deadline no problem. Well they showed up late. So I've paid for two I have no intention of picking up.

We can legally hunt here in Michigan with them thanks to our governor. But the tax stamp is still a pain. I bought 5 suppressors this spring and filed paperwork for my trust before the deadline and am still waiting to get them. Kick in the balls is I bought two extra .30 cal ones cause the local shop said he would have them in time for the deadline no problem. Well they showed up late. So I've paid for two I have no intention of picking up.

What's the deadline? Once I get some cash I'm probably going to get my gunsmith to build me some.

It was some time last July. It was only the deadline for the new rule change for trusts.
With a trust it allows others in the trust to use them without me being along. Also allows easy inheritance if something were to happen to me. The new rules make it so everyone I. The trust has to jump through a bunch of hoops. Basically if my brother wants to add a suppressor everyone in the trust needs finger prints and extensive background test. Such ******** as all they are is a muffler. They are by no means silent.

It was some time last July. It was only the deadline for the new rule change for trusts.
With a trust it allows others in the trust to use them without me being along. Also allows easy inheritance if something were to happen to me. The new rules make it so everyone I. The trust has to jump through a bunch of hoops. Basically if my brother wants to add a suppressor everyone in the trust needs finger prints and extensive background test. Such ******** as all they are is a muffler. They are by no means silent.

What do you mean? All the movies clearly show strapping a foot long, 2LB silencer to your James Bond pistol not only eliminates 100% of all and any noise, but also makes you a certified assassin!! You must not watch the news. That's where I learned all my gun knowledge.

I hope GA doesn't do that. My smith makes some kick a s s suppressors. He's super paranoid about all the paperwork and proper checks though, which is good but also a pain too.

I'm a 12A in a Sapper BN 1BCT, 82ND. I was waiting for company command but now I'm 100% sure I'm getting out and just going the Georgia reserve or national guard route to finish up retirement. It's not a bad job at all, pretty exciting actually, just tired of being away from friends and family.
Definitely not a boring job at all nor one that isn't critical especially in the modern era. I always loved working with explosives myself even in a non combat environment.

I also know what you mean about the latter, it's one of the big reasons Christmas and Birthdays don't excite me like they used to having missed too many of them being deployed.

Good luck with the time you have left.

You have the same laws now as the are Federal. Mich just fell in line with Federal law. It won't change anything for you I would guess. The process for an individual is the same as it was only change is for trusts. If you buy one as a individual you must submit fingerprints and background checks to purchase and some other garbage and looooong wait time to hear back. And you were the only one who could use it or you had to be present could not loan it out.
If down as a trust you could buy them and a background check on each trustee would be done but no need for the other stuff. Biggest advantage was you got your approval faster and anyone in the trust could use them at any time. So I don't have to be with my father for him to use it because he is in the trust. Basically it's just slightly more difficult and longer to get one.

I got my trust 2 years ago. I'm glad I got it since now my wife or kids can use my suppressor a with me being there. I hope she never checks into the trust, since I added a few suppressors she doesn't know about!

Work and kids have kept me from hog hunting for the last several months.

A few weeks ago I gained access to a 3,700+ acre hunt club that has a serious problem with hogs. The hunt club property is owned by the local paper mill and only paper mill employees are eligible to join the club. Luckily for me hunt club members can take guests. For some strange reason, none of the members hunt hogs, so no one has been to the swamp bottoms since December.

I went with a guy named Larry and his soon to be son-in-law Jason. Larry retired from the paper mill last year after developing pulmonary fibrosis. Breathing is difficult for him at times so we had to take it slow.

The paper mill uses the swamp bottoms and a lagoon as a natural filter for the chemicals used in the paper making process so we had zero intention of keeping any on the hogs we killed.

Last weekend we drove around the swamp bottoms looking for clearings to bait, but to my surprise, we didn't find a single clearing. I decided to bait along the sides of the roads that ran through the swamp bottoms.

Since the hogs in the swamp bottoms were not used to human noise, I decided that we would park by a bend in the road about 300 yards from out bait pile. We had our gear ready as we stopped after entering the property to load up. We didn't make it more than 50 paces when I heard noise to our right. I pulled out my thermal monocular and saw 4 hogs less than 75 feet from us. I whispered that there were hogs to our right and that they should set up.

Larry was using my R700 in 300WM with a NF scope and an Armasight NV clip on. Jason was using my R700 .308 with a NF scope and an ATN thermal clip on. I was using my LWRC 6.8 with an Armasight thermal. The hogs were moving around too much in the trees for us all to synchronize our shots. I didn't know it, but Larry was have a hard time breathing and carrying the rifle. He whispered for us to take a shot. Jason and I had a quick count down. He connected with a small sow and I connected with the larger sow. Jason's sow crossed a small creek and expired on the other side. My sow spun in circles eventually taking three shots.

The Hornady 123g bullets worked well. I was impressed with the results, but my shots were from less than 100 feet.

We loaded the sow onto the back of my jeep and took her to edge of the lagoon and donated her to the alligator preservation society.

Work schedules won't allow us to go back until next weekend, but it feels good to get back at killing hogs.

Attachments

• IMG_9113.jpg
    IMG_9113.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 59
I rode around the club this past weekend again looking for a single clearing, but we didn't find one, I've got a Boss Buck feeder with the electronic feeder at a different spot, so as soon as I can get a few hours to myself I'll move it to the papermill spot.

One of the guys I work with is going to let me use 4 of his hog panels to see if we can trap some of the hogs. No one hunts the bottom of the hunt club much, so we will just leave the trap up after we get it in place.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.