Great discussion.

I sent Huntnful a video of my daughter shooting an elk twice in the boiler room with a 7prc/190 Atip and that elk was on her feet a long time. You couldn’t have shot the elk any better, and the bullet penetrated the shoulder and then grenaded like it should.

The deer shot with the 245eol and 300 nmi earlier in the year was dumped. Guess what we are hunting with this year! 300 nmi. Along with several more animals I shot with it last season. If I know how to post a video I would
I can upload the video to my YouTube channel and share it!

I sent Huntnful a video of my daughter shooting an elk twice in the boiler room with a 7prc/190 Atip and that elk was on her feet a long time. You couldn’t have shot the elk any better, and the bullet penetrated the shoulder and then grenaded like it should.

The deer shot with the 245eol and 300 nmi earlier in the year was dumped. Guess what we are hunting with this year! 300 nmi. Along with several more animals I shot with it last season. If I know how to post a video I would

That was excruciating to watch. Not the best example of good hunting. Don't know if it was poor placement or poor bullet performance, but the hunter is fortunate the cow didn't feel like running. I cannot understand taking so long in delivering the second shot. Maybe he was trying to get his breathing subdued, but you couldn't see it in the crosshair movement, so I can't understand why he took so long.

It was a 13 old girl being coached by her dad….both shots in the shoulder. Circled in red in the picture

The point was, use enough gun!

In this case 7mm wasn’t enough

IMG_8418.jpeg

That was excruciating to watch. Not the best example of good hunting. Don't know if it was poor placement or poor bullet performance, but the hunter is fortunate the cow didn't feel like running. I cannot understand taking so long in delivering the second shot. Maybe he was trying to get his breathing subdued, but you couldn't see it in the crosshair movement, so I can't understand why he took so long.
If you watch closely with the sound on, she went for a fairly fast follow up shot, but hadn’t cycled the bolt all the way and it just resulted in a “click” and then the cow started stumbling around not presenting another broadside shot for a while longer.

She’s a young girl with good shooting ability and probably just wanted to make good broadside shots. Obviously some of us would have hit her from every angle at different times during the video. But I think she did great and remained calm and made 2 perfect shots. She did her job better than most people who panic and sling lead everywhere

If you watch closely with the sound on, she went for a fairly fast follow up shot, but hadn’t cycled the bolt all the way and it just resulted in a “click” and then the cow started stumbling around not presenting another broadside shot for a while longer.

She’s a young girl with good shooting ability and probably just wanted to make good broadside shots. Obviously some of us would have hit her from every angle at different times during the video. But I think she did great and remained calm and made 2 perfect shots. She did her job better than most people who panic and sling lead everywhere
Thanks, that explains a lot. Good for her for keeping her head after short stroking the action. Some have lost their lives after doing that. But she stepped up.

Just so everyone is aware, you can also find tons of videos like this as well. Smaller bullet. Further distance. Bigger animal. Faster death.

I just think animals and their reactions are unique more so to themselves than the caliber… but possibly not bullet construction. As clearly seen in the comparison between the two videos.

715 yards, 147 ELDM. Enough gun? On his feet for 26 seconds. Large enough bull? Maybe this one wasn’t tough? Maybe the ELDM’s are better?

It’s at least important to admit and acknowledge that heavy for caliber, fragmenting bullets, even of smaller calibers create a wound large enough to kill anything here pretty easily. This shows that plain as day.

There’s always an argument for poor shot placement of course.

Recent Posts