Great discussion.

Like @Shane Lindsey said, don't suck.
It was an interesting podcast. I wanted to hear what Form had to say. I bought a rifle scope based on one of his Rokslide reviews, and he nailed it.

I have a 8# 416 Rigby. I'm less than 2 hours from you. I will pay for the gas in your stick shift if you can shoot it 10 times prone without your nose bleeding, your collar bone snapping, or you losing consciousness. 🤣
Sounds like my CZ550 in 416 Rigby. I would shoot five rounds from a box every time I practiced with it. I would be badly bruised afterward. I sold it because I started to flinch.
Why would any reasonable person who pays for their own stuff fire that many shots?
IMO, muscle memory when shooting vastly improved accuracy and speed. My observation in my own practice is that changing positions, sitting, standing, kneeling, prone or bench, the hold is very different, but the touch points are too. Settling into those positions after moving is another thing too.

Yes I know they have used smaller calibers, but now in modern times there things like wide use of 338NM and cheytac options.Which have set world record for longest.

The most common sniper rifle used in Iraq and Syria was the M40 or M24 in .308. Sometimes they would use the .300WM version. In Afghanistan where shots were longer and it was more open fighting vs. urban it was the .300WM as the standard with the .338LM being used about 10% of the time.
As for SWAT snipers, it is predominately the .308 or 300WM.

Just because a lot of countries have the large magnums available for their forces doesn't mean that they use them most of the time.