EBR7C MOA or MRAD?

It's true, in national matches you can call correction. However, a lot of teams including ours share wind calls. Some of the less experienced guys share that wind in mils, or moa. It's easy to convert mils to moa, but if you do it in mph, then that's a conversation you don't want to be doing in match. Matches aren't the time to do math imo.
Are you saying in National Matches you can or cannot call correction?
Also, I find that communicating in miles per hour is actually the best way to communicate as we may shooting different cartridges, different reticles, whatever.
If I'm shooting a 300 Win Mag with my MOA reticle, and I hold for a 5 mile an hour left wind and get a hit, and you take that information, and you're shooting a 308 with a Mil reticle, and you hold for whatever your 5 mph left for your 308 is, you're going to get a hit.
Communicating in miles per hour cuts through whether we're shooting different cartridges, different speeds, different reticles, you apply your own data.

I have the EBR7C MIL reticle in my strike eagle. Like what was stated above, MOA is going away. I feel that MILS are much easier to measure while making quick corrections in my reticle. If you are debating on getting a MIL scope and changing from MOA, do it. Never hurts to try.

Are you saying in National Matches you can or cannot call correction?
Also, I find that communicating in miles per hour is actually the best way to communicate as we may shooting different cartridges, different reticles, whatever.
If I'm shooting a 300 Win Mag with my MOA reticle, and I hold for a 5 mile an hour left wind and get a hit, and you take that information, and you're shooting a 308 with a Mil reticle, and you hold for whatever your 5 mph left for your 308 is, you're going to get a hit.
Communicating in miles per hour cuts through whether we're shooting different cartridges, different speeds, different reticles, you apply your own data.
PRS rules state no help under time from anyone.
Things like local matches are different, as dudes just do whatever they want often enough.

Yep, that's the benefit for MPH. Dudes just have a problem with applying dope because a chart can get long and often people are sharing a kestrel. To be competitive it helps to be able to do it in your head, while knowing your high and average dope, from whatever those MPH are.

It's taught in the military as such, and it works for hunting too. You just won't hear a lot about it because guys here just like to talk in circles about wind and practical application.

6's. But for you I'd stick with MOA. It seems pointless to eat the price of switching all your optics over to another mode of measurement just because some knucklehead told you one is better than the other. This is simply not true! They are different but one in the same. Some people's brains like 10ths and some people's brains prefer inches. Stick to what you know IMO.

Finally found one in stock at my LGS that i could handle & look thru....I stuck with my first inclination & went with the MRAD.
Looking forward to getting it on top of the Bergara Ridgeback in 300WM & to the range!!!
Thank you for the comments & suggestions!!
Vortex.4.jpg
Vortex.3.jpg
Vortex.1.jpg
Bergara.jpg

See you went MRAD, nice. Been looking for that same scope myself. But, just so you know, MOA isn't going anywhere.

When deciding between these, I think its best to stick to what others you shoot with (often) will be using.....stay on the same language. Just 1 factor that often gets forgotten.

OP - congrants on the new scope and rifle.

But let me see.... The standard for rifle accuracy in measured in MOA. Target grids are in inches. 1 MOA rounds nicely to 1 inch at 100 yards. So tell me why one needs to throw centimeters (.39 inches) into the mix? Other than do some 10x math which is not even required. Now if you measure the size of prarie dogs in centimeters, guessing you would use Mils.

OP - congrants on the new scope and rifle.

But let me see.... The standard for rifle accuracy in measured in MOA. Target grids are in inches. 1 MOA rounds nicely to 1 inch at 100 yards. So tell me why one needs to throw centimeters (.39 inches) into the mix? Other than do some 10x math which is not even required. Now if you measure the size of prarie dogs in centimeters, guessing you would use Mils.
Because you don't need to use centimeters. I've never measure anything with centimeters in the military….

Mils are mils. Moa is moa. They are not linear math. While we associate stuff with linear math, it's not required and it's rather an amateur way of thinking. If that's offensive, then sorry but it is what it is..

.3 is .3 mils. .25 moa is .25 moa.
You do not need to know the per inch conversion.
If you do then it's .36 per tenth at 100. Or convert it to moa by multiplying by 3.428. We use to do that when calls were in mils but turrets where in moa back in the day. Military genius. Theres really no need for this anymore.

The only real benefit is quick wind for those that know how to do it. Some people call it the MPH method.

-You would measure a prairie dog in mils. Hopefully not for ranging…
-When you zero, you measure your correction in mils.

It's rather the same in MOA.
From a practical shooter standpoint, I'm using the reticle and working within my angle of measurement. Which ever it is.

Kudos for anyone who has already learned a system they like and trust.

OP congrats on the new scope. Let us know how you like mils and if learning the new system is worth the money youll have to spend to switch everything over. And if youre not planning on switching, how hard you find it switching between the 2 seperate platforms.

I went to mils about 15 years ago.But before that had a mild /moa I used for holds, which is not ideal.But with me using for so long and hols are same as dial up its easy for quick shot opportunity.Also same rifle for years so easy to have my drops in head at yardage memorized.My 6.5 prc shoot to exact mils to about 900 yrds as my 338nm,wich is very handy too.

I went to mils about 15 years ago.But before that had a mild /moa I used for holds, which is not ideal.But with me using for so long and hols are same as dial up its easy for quick shot opportunity.Also same rifle for years so easy to have my drops in head at yardage memorized.My 6.5 prc shoot to exact mils to about 900 yrds as my 338nm,wich is very handy too.
You memorize your drops at every elevation for every temperature you hunt at? That's impressive! How bout some kudos for that!!!