Blackhole bullets 25cal

Hmmm, those 120gr 25 caliber bullets might just be what i'm looking for.
Stuck with 1:10 twist for now.

At $32 for 50, not too badly priced, especially if they are readily available!

Blaine is a one-person shop and builds them as ordered, just-in-time order/build.
I ordered 500 145s on 12/27. Blaine responded quickly that he would not be able to start building the order until after the 1st week of Jan due to big orders ahead of mine. I received 500 145g bullets yesterday.

I don't have any updates yet hopefully I will be able to get out soon. But I just wanted to share another bullet I found.

Screenshot_20230214_132308_Facebook.jpg

I think 140ish grains is going to be the "ceiling" on .257" bullets. Off the top of my head I can't think of a cartridge that could run a 160gr BETTER than a 130-140gr. The freebore needed to not eat up case capacity in any cartridge would be comical and would most certainly be single feed only in something like a 25-06 or 257wby. Maybe a WSM size case could run a 160gr in a long action. I'd think a 160gr .257 bullet would be close to 2" long or more. 1:7tw probably wouldn't stabilize a 160gr at lower elevations.

Definitely not trying to knock the guy for trying new things and pushing the envelope.... just my thoughts.

I think 140ish grains is going to be the "ceiling" on .257" bullets. Off the top of my head I can't think of a cartridge that could run a 160gr BETTER than a 130-140gr. The freebore needed to not eat up case capacity in any cartridge would be comical and would most certainly be single feed only in something like a 25-06 or 257wby. Maybe a WSM size case could run a 160gr in a long action. I'd think a 160gr .257 bullet would be close to 2" long or more. 1:7tw probably wouldn't stabilize a 160gr at lower elevations.

Definitely not trying to knock the guy for trying new things and pushing the envelope.... just my thoughts.
The 160 would be a specialty weight bullet for a bigger wildcat cartridge for sure. Certainly can't say it wouldn't be as good as a 140 depending on the case it's seated in. Say someone wanted to neck down the 7PRC to the .257, it could be a very good bullet option. Requiring a long action but nearly as long of an OAL as a 257 Weatherby. I see a place for it for sure. Only warning would be in such a fast twist, fast velocity set up where extreme RPMs could destroy the entire project. Personally I'm liking the 140 option from Chinchaga. Having a 25-284 and a 7.5 twist barrel, I think the 140 is ideal and inline with possibly the perfect weight heavy bullet for this cartridge

The 160 would be a specialty weight bullet for a bigger wildcat cartridge for sure. Certainly can't say it wouldn't be as good as a 140 depending on the case it's seated in. Say someone wanted to neck down the 7PRC to the .257, it could be a very good bullet option. Requiring a long action but nearly as long of an OAL as a 257 Weatherby. I see a place for it for sure. Only warning would be in such a fast twist, fast velocity set up where extreme RPMs could destroy the entire project
Kinda what I was thinking... on the line of too many RPMS! West Texas Ordinance has their 25-7prc in testing now and the results look promising.

I think it would be a great candidate for a 25-300prc build I've been thinking about. Only thing is to figure out the best twist rate like vld pilot was saying.

Fifty driver did a 338 rum based wildcat in the early 2000s that shot a boutique 150+grain bullet. Was popular on here probably circa 06 or 07, bullet co went away and so did the need for 100grain 25 cal wildcats. Wonder what twist he used to keep them together and still stabilize.