Hornady .25cal 110 ELD-X

BRIT

Hi Gents
This Bullet has finally become available in UK and I have ordered a Box for my New 25-06 Rifle.

Has anyone had any experience with it yet?
Any comments would be most welcome.

Has anyone Hunted Deer with it? Would be nice to read some reports on terminal performance.

I have some new Nosler Brass and N160, N165 and Ramshot Magnum to try.
Many thanks for any help.
Brit.

Hi Gents.
Has nobody Hunted with this bullet yet? I was thinking you .25cal Shooters would have been chomping at the bit to use it this last deer season.
Come on lads, throw a Limey a few crumbs. :) ;)

Shot quite a few deer with it when I had my .257 Weatherby. It worked great, even at those extreme velocities. Only had 1 fail to expand, and even then it still managed to turn the vitals into pulp. Still got quite a few boxes of them sitting around, since I don't shoot them anymore. I've been shooting the Berger 115 VLD's for the last 6-7 years and really enjoying the performance they offer.

Shot quite a few deer with it when I had my .257 Weatherby. It worked great, even at those extreme velocities. Only had 1 fail to expand, and even then it still managed to turn the vitals into pulp. Still got quite a few boxes of them sitting around, since I don't shoot them anymore. I've been shooting the Berger 115 VLD's for the last 6-7 years and really enjoying the performance they offer.
Are you thinking about the 110 accubond? The eldx is new

Sure would love to take those Accubonds off your hands if you don't use 'me anymore.

If you respond, I will PM you.

Cheers.
:D
I don't even know how many I have, or where they're at. They're somewhere here, I just have to dig them out, from the move 2 years ago. If I decide to sell them, I'll let you know how much and how many boxes I have. I'm pretty sure they're all still factory sealed.

Thanks MudRunner.
There's no rush to look, I have 4 unopened boxes here which will last some time seeing as though I have 80 loaded rounds too.

I like to be in surplus.

Cheers.

Thanks MudRunner.
There's no rush to look, I have 4 unopened boxes here which will last some time seeing as though I have 80 loaded rounds too.

I like to be in surplus.

Cheers.
Same here after what happened in 2011 when supplies dried-up for years, you should see my Berger "collection". :D

Hi Lads
Thanks for posting.
The .25cal ELD-X delivery to UK has been put back again to January 2019 so none available yet. We are a tiny market at the end of a long supply chain.
I have some 115 vld hunting bullets to try. I have read differing opinions on them.
Brit.

No need to worry about the performance of the Berger 115 VLD hunting bullet on deer. My friends and I use this bullet in our 257 weatherby chambered rifles. There are five of us.

Animals taken so far:

Me: 11 coues wt, 1 antelope, 1 Javelina
Dan: 4 mule deer, 6 elk, 1 javelina
Allen: 5 coues wt
Tim 6 coues wt, 1 antelope
Deason: 3 coues wt

Many of these kills were very fast. The animal dropped and died in its tracks. I would not hesitate to hunt deer with this bullet.

Hi Gents
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate them
I will try the Berger 115 whilst I wait for my eld-x to arrive from your side of pond. I just need to source a sound moderator.
There are some good you tube vids of the eld-x being fired into ballistic gelatin. They really do perform well.
Nosler ballistic tips are an option. I have some 100 grain.
A lot of powders have been banned over here due to the bloody EU. Have to use mainly euro powders now.
Brit

Hi Gents
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate them
I will try the Berger 115 whilst I wait for my eld-x to arrive from your side of pond. I just need to source a sound moderator.
There are some good you tube vids of the eld-x being fired into ballistic gelatin. They really do perform well.
Nosler ballistic tips are an option. I have some 100 grain.
A lot of powders have been banned over here due to the bloody EU. Have to use mainly euro powders now.
Brit
Not sure if yall can get them over there yet, but the Energetic Armament VOX suppressor with a wipe in the end is supposedly ****-near Hollywood quiet.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts