Hornady .25cal 110 ELD-X

Hi MudRunner
They look a really well made piece of kit. Odd thing is I have never seen a US made sound moderator in UK. We have a quite a few domestic made ones as well as imports from scandinavia. It is good to see them being more accepted in your country now.
What is a 'wipe'?
Brit.

Last edited:
Hi MudRunner
They look a really well made piece of kit. Odd thing is I have never seen a US made sound moderator in UK. We have a quite a few domestic made ones as well as imports from scandinavia. It is good to see them being more accepted in your country now.
What is a 'wipe'?
Brit.
Sort of... Over there in the UK, y'all can't buy all the types of guns we can have here, but on the flip-side, yall don't have the same stupid BS laws like we do over here concerning barrel length and suppressors, that require registration, taxes, paperwork, and wait times, etc...

We had 2 separate perfect chances to pass the HPA (Hearing Protection Act), which would deregulate suppressors and we could walk into a store, fill out a 4473 (same form for buying a gun from a dealer), pay for your suppressor upon instant approval, then you're free to walk out the door with it... But the spineless republicans in the House refused to put it up for a vote.

Hi MudRunner.
Silencers are licensed same way as firearms over here. If you own a hunting rifle the cops let you have a license no problems. At one time they were difficult to get but with the advent of health and safety legislation we pushed for them to be allowed for hearing protection. Lads who use guns for a living such as forest rangers and pro stalkers would have been able to sue the arse off their employer for hearing damage too.
Get some lawsuits going for hearing damage in America and see how fast they change the law.

Hi MudRunner.
Silencers are licensed same way as firearms over here. If you own a hunting rifle the cops let you have a license no problems. At one time they were difficult to get but with the advent of health and safety legislation we pushed for them to be allowed for hearing protection. Lads who use guns for a living such as forest rangers and pro stalkers would have been able to sue the arse off their employer for hearing damage too.
Get some lawsuits going for hearing damage in America and see how fast they change the law.
Might be worth a looksee... Thanks for that info. :D

I have permanent damage and tinnitus from shooting so many guns without earplugs, hunting, and working around equipment my whole life. Sharp piercing noises messes me up bad. Last time I shot a snake without earplugs my hearing was gone for a couple days, and muffled for the rest of the week. I really wish they would pass the HPA or SHUSH Act and deregulate suppressors. For someone like me, it would be a god-send to go to the range or to be able to hunt with a suppressor. Especially since you wouldn't have to pay the additional $200 on top of it, and wait around for nearly a year for your investment to be approved when you already know you can legally own it.

Last edited:
Hi MudRunner.
Is the following correct?
A silencer made in say Montana and used only in Montana and not removed from Montana is Legal without any Federal involvement?

Hi MudRunner.
Is the following correct?
A silencer made in say Montana and used only in Montana and not removed from Montana is Legal without any Federal involvement?
Not to my knowledge, but I don't live in Montana, so I don't know their laws. I once heard that was going on in Kansas, but I don't know it to be fact.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.