Best piece of reloading of equipment u have

Us dedicated reloaders that have been reloading for a good many years have been through some equipment, or atleast I have. Things that work, things that don't and if u are like me u have wasted plenty of money experimenting finding that perfect process. If u look at all the equipment u currently have or have had what is the best piece of equipment that has really improved the quality and accuracy of your reloads? Pay attention new guys that are starting out maybe u can save yourself some money!

For me it was a:
Precision roller bearing concentricity indicator stand. Allows me to load for least run out, check cases, necks, bullets and loaded round tips and also recognize when somthing in the process or a component is amiss. Allows me to index each load to the high spot (marker dot) and then chamber every load to keep run-out in same relationship with chamber.

Good question.

All listed above are great things! I am 54 yrs. old. One of the things not listed that saved me many hours of time and relieved eye strain was an electronic LED lit, goose neck mounted, base plate stabilized, 4 inch magnifying glass. It hase saved hours of eye strain when I am sorting brass and cleaning it. I use it to inspect the inside of my dies when cleaning them. And... when I need a little more light when reloading, I aim it at one of my presses and it helps in many ways.

That is supposed to read mandrel!
Yes sir the mandrel setup is another die body that housed just a mandrel inside which can be changed out with many different size mandrels. U basically just remove the expander button from your Redding die and bushing size and once that is done run a mandrel into all your necks. I normally pick a die bushing that will give me .003 neck tension and then use Sinclair NT mandrel which is .002 under bullet diameter. This is particularly helpful to people than don't neck turn imho.

Another idea behind it is that some think that the expander button in dies because it's coming up thru the neck from bottom can induce concentricity issues vs the mandrel sizing as it pushes from top to bottom of case mouth and because of the angled shoulder on most rifle cases lends to greater structural strength pushing thru vs pulling thru.

Here is a pic of the die body. Simply take cap off and replace different mandrels.
0DF3524C-7EF1-428B-9868-3518AB8805AD.jpeg
838F4F27-097E-460B-9DF1-5183601EC376.jpeg

I thought I was high on the hog when I got a chargemaster! But when I got a A&D scale to use in tandem with chargemaster it really showed me that the chargemaster left a lot to be desired for real precise powder charges. Not bashing the chargemaster by no means and maybe I had a bad one but that +\- .1 just don't do it for me these days.
Which A&D scale did you buy?

Me to brother when I pick up a new hobby I am dedicated lol. I love it but my wife hates it. I am still priming old school on my co-ax but to me it's therputic lol. Let me know when u ready to get a turner I got a couple of K&M turners sitting in my drawer all u need to do is order expander and NT mandrel.
How much do you want for one of your tuners?

Under the don't use department has to be the kinetic bullet puller.
300 WBY with 82 gr powder. while smacking it on a rock to use the kinetic portion of the puller. I had a primer fire off before the bullet came loose of the case.
Luckily it did not ignite the powder. This happened on 2 different occasions.
Thank you lord for saving my sorry ---!!!
Yep, a good press-mounted collet style bullet puller is worth every penny. I knew I was forgetting to add something to the list. That's what it was. I use the RCBS 9440 puller. Works amazing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.