Best piece of reloading of equipment u have

I love my fx120i scale w/ auto trickler, will be upgrading to an auto throw V3 when they're available. I pull the expander buttons on all my dies and use 21st century TiN or Sinclair carbide expander mandrels. I haven't gotten a case trimmer yet and nor an annealer. Will get a Frankford case prep station soon as I'm getting tired of chamfering. Possibly salt bath or an Annie annealer.

Under the don't use department has to be the kinetic bullet puller.
300 WBY with 82 gr powder. while smacking it on a rock to use the kinetic portion of the puller. I had a primer fire off before the bullet came loose of the case.
Luckily it did not ignite the powder. This happened on 2 different occasions.
Thank you lord for saving my sorry ***!!!

Giraud case trimmer. Man I hated chamfer and deburring.
Agree and disagree, if you have a ton of plinker brass (i.e. .223 or 5.56), it's a great tool to bang all that our quickly. But since it indexes off the shoulder and not all brass is created equal, you'll get small variations if you are trying to trim mixed head stamped brass at the same time. I was trying to do some .30-06 and had three different headstamps and I was getting a +.003 to -.008 different in what I what I set it for.

Agree and disagree, if you have a ton of plinker brass (i.e. .223 or 5.56), it's a great tool to bang all that our quickly. But since it indexes off the shoulder and not all brass is created equal, you'll get small variations if you are trying to trim mixed head stamped brass at the same time. I was trying to do some .30-06 and had three different headstamps and I was getting a +.003 to -.008 different in what I what I set it for.
bump all your shoulders the same and you should be good to go.

1970 RCBS reloader kit, rcbs dies ,some reddings, Vertex(bench-source)annealer !!!,Lyman gen5 powder dispenser .rcbs case trimmer ,rcbs collet /bullet puller .need a Cronograph but borrow good friends , shoot with Friends ,that reload always plenty to talk about .

Don't forget a good set of dies. Whidden, Redding Type S, Forster. They are just as important as having a good set of calipers!
377153C0-5095-486C-89D0-C808C90C8755.jpeg

Fx120i with autotrickler
Giraud case trimmer
AMP annealer
Larry Willis digital headspace gauge
Soon to test out my new 21st century powered neck turning lathe
Lyman bore scope
LabRadar

I don't want to add up all the $ invested but those things allow me to spend less time reloading while also letting me feel that things are repeatable and consistent.

Also by all means for those of u that are getting started don't get overwhelmed thinking u must have all this expensive equipment. Many times most average equipment can make relatively descent ammo if your reloading process and techniques are correct. Things such as setting up dies the correct way and not just by the directions in the die set. Many dies if setup by the directions over sizes and over works brass a great deal. Again these are just things I have noticed over the years. I am sure many others will chime in with little tips they have learned!
Now you tell me!!
Been reloading about 5-6 years and went from basics to $10,000:eek: in equip't seems like.
1-Chargemaster>FX-120i combo
2-Redding S series dies
3-21st Century Mandrels
4-21st Century neck turner
5-Lyman motorized case trimmer
Oh, almost forgot-
6-Kegorator!;)
Rhett

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.