Best piece of reloading of equipment u have

Now you tell me!!
Been reloading about 5-6 years and went from basics to $10,000:eek: in equip't seems like.
1-Chargemaster>FX-120i combo
2-Redding S series dies
3-21st Century Mandrels
4-21st Century neck turner
5-Lyman motorized case trimmer
Oh, almost forgot-
6-Kegorator!;)
Rhett
U could sale everything but the kegorator and just shoot factory ammo!

I thought I was high on the hog when I got a chargemaster! But when I got a A&D scale to use in tandem with chargemaster it really showed me that the chargemaster left a lot to be desired for real precise powder charges. Not bashing the chargemaster by no means and maybe I had a bad one but that +\- .1 just don't do it for me these days.

Another small tool that has speed me up a little as dumb as it sounds is the area419 funnel kit. The funnel is huge so u can quickly dump and move on and as with anything from 419 its way overkill and over made to last forever.
57BFDE2C-CE6A-43B1-B632-F62CF5A91649.jpeg

I thought I was high on the hog when I got a chargemaster! But when I got a A&D scale to use in tandem with chargemaster it really showed me that the chargemaster left a lot to be desired for real precise powder charges. Not bashing the chargemaster by no means and maybe I had a bad one but that +\- .1 just don't do it for me these days.
Same here except more than 0.1g off. Started w/ the GemPro which still works but someone here:rolleyes: made me upgrade. Mo money, Mo money!!

May seem pretty elementary, but the tool that has saved me the most time is a hand priming tool from RCBS. I used to prime cases on the press, now I can sit it my recliner in front of the tv, or have a conversation with the family while priming, and I can be done in a quarter of the time.

By the way, I'm one of those new reloaders that was overwhelmed with all the high end tools that I "needed" when I stared reloading. But I bit the bullet and purchased them and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've always jumped in with both feet, whatever I'm doing. The only step I haven't taken yet, is to buy a neck turner. Not sure how much longer I can hold out on that one.

May seem pretty elementary, but the tool that has saved me the most time is a hand priming tool from RCBS. I used to prime cases on the press, now I can sit it my recliner in front of the tv, or have a conversation with the family while priming, and I can be done in a quarter of the time.

By the way, I'm one of those new reloaders that was overwhelmed with all the high end tools that I "needed" when I stared reloading. But I bit the bullet and purchased them and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've always jumped in with both feet, whatever I'm doing. The only step I haven't taken yet, is to buy a neck turner. Not sure how much longer I can hold out on that one.
Me to brother when I pick up a new hobby I am dedicated lol. I love it but my wife hates it. I am still priming old school on my co-ax but to me it's therputic lol. Let me know when u ready to get a turner I got a couple of K&M turners sitting in my drawer all u need to do is order expander and NT mandrel.

Ok I am late to the conversation!
The tool that has helped me the most right now is the 21st century neck turning tool. I wasn't a believer at first, but I loaded Peterson brass without turning them and then turned and checked that info. My sd went up like 13 points. So I was able to add powder find my next node that went from a 8.8 to 3.1 and added 70 FPS.
Another eye opener is neck tension the difference in 1-3 tho changes sd as well.
Currently used tools
Forester press
Giraud trimmer
Benchsource annelier
Dandy trickler
2 Rcbs chargmasters
The fx 120i is next on the list.

Us dedicated reloaders that have been reloading for a good many years have been through some equipment, or atleast I have. Things that work, things that don't and if u are like me u have wasted plenty of money experimenting finding that perfect process. If u look at all the equipment u currently have or have had what is the best piece of equipment that has really improved the quality and accuracy of your reloads? Pay attention new guys that are starting out maybe u can save yourself some money!
I went about 7 years with out a chargemaster 1500. It was worth every penny. I eventually plan to purchase a spare chargemaster.

The Fx120i with full area 419 kit, Giraud power trimmer, and the area 419 kit funnel kit changed the game for me on reloading. Wanting on the v3 chip for the fx120i so I can connect to Bluetooth and enter in the charge weights on my phone.

So I started this thread and also the reloading bench pic thread so that everyone could get either ideas on upgrading their setup or more importantly for those starting out on how to setup and kind of what to buy. I got about 15 messages last night with questions on reloading process and when to do what. I know there are several threads already from the past on this but I will start another one soon and hopefully some people will chime in on their process from start to shoot! I am by no means a pro but I know a little and there are some people on here that know a whole lot! So with our powers combined maybe we can give new reloaders some knowledge and help keep them away from some
Of the tards on YouTube!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.