Best 25 caliber to consider on a build.

Why choose a proven standard factory chambering when reinventing the wheel at triple the expense is an option….and if people don’t talk about it how is anyone going to know how supremely intelligent they are….
How is this even a real post? The man asked for ideas, how did you manufacture a problem? How dare people socialize on a social platform.

I have a problem with deciding on which particular 25 caliber to go with. A lot of in decision running through my head. I have a 25wssm that I’m getting rid of but can’t decide what to settle on. Do I go with something like a 25/06 Ackley improved or something like a 25 SST or a 25 creedmoor. What are the components like dies and brass , are they readily available? any help to calm me down , so I can decide what to build and move forward, any help would be appreciated. More reach is the ultimate goal, but I’m wanting a little more knock down and range to the caliber. Thanks in advance
Bdog 35 in Utah
25-284 ALL day long. And it fits a SA.... This caliber only works if you roll your own.

I have not read every response. Here is my take to the OP.

Go heavy for caliber bullets. This means a fast twist barrel. 1:7" to 1:7.75" would be my suggestion depending on velocity expected. Run a 133 Elite, 134 ELD-M, or 135 Hyb. There are a few others like the Chinchagas as well. But I have no experience with them.

What are the expectations for desired yardage you want to be able to shoot?
What is the intended purpose? Hunting, I assume. Deer-sized game and down? Do you plan to hunt anything much bigger? Like black bear, elk, etc.? If you plan on shooting 1000+ rounds in a couple years, that will help determine what would be a good fit too.

Do you need head stamped brass? Like if you go to Mexico, Canada, Africa? If so, that limits what you can go with.
.25-06 Rem, 25SST, 25CM, .250 Savage, .257 Roberts, .257 Wby.

If not, that opens up more viable options.
25PRC, 25 PRC/SI, .250AI, 25 Souper, 25 SLR, 25 MBK, 257 Roberts AI, 25SS, 25 Max, 25 SAUM, 25-.284 Win, .25-06AI, 25STW, 25 RUM, etc.

Peterson makes Remington brass NHenry tells us.

I’m not buying Rem headstamp brass either. There was no Peterson that I knew of, the last time I bought R-P head stamps. Maybe the 90’s?

Been a long time.
No, I meant that Peterson makes 280 Rem brass as well as 280 AI. My bad for the mixup, sorry.

I have not read every response. Here is my take to the OP.

Go heavy for caliber bullets. This means a fast twist barrel. 1:7" to 1:7.75" would be my suggestion depending on velocity expected. Run a 133 Elite, 134 ELD-M, or 135 Hyb. There are a few others like the Chinchagas as well. But I have no experience with them.

What are the expectations for desired yardage you want to be able to shoot?
What is the intended purpose? Hunting, I assume. Deer-sized game and down? Do you plan to hunt anything much bigger? Like black bear, elk, etc.? If you plan on shooting 1000+ rounds in a couple years, that will help determine what would be a good fit too.

Do you need head stamped brass? Like if you go to Mexico, Canada, Africa? If so, that limits what you can go with.
.25-06 Rem, 25SST, 25CM, .250 Savage, .257 Roberts, .257 Wby.

If not, that opens up more viable options.
25PRC, 25 PRC/SI, .250AI, 25 Souper, 25 SLR, 25 MBK, 257 Roberts AI, 25SS, 25 Max, 25 SAUM, 25-.284 Win, .25-06AI, 25STW, 25 RUM, etc.
If there is interest in the 25 MBK, where can one acquire a test unit?

If I didn't already have a 257 Blackbird, this was going to be my next project a 25-300prc with a 163gr or maybe try some 180grs.
20230709_095646.jpg

Now I'm going the other direction and building a 25 Souper lol.

I have a problem with deciding on which particular 25 caliber to go with. A lot of in decision running through my head. I have a 25wssm that I’m getting rid of but can’t decide what to settle on. Do I go with something like a 25/06 Ackley improved or something like a 25 SST or a 25 creedmoor. What are the components like dies and brass , are they readily available? any help to calm me down , so I can decide what to build and move forward, any help would be appreciated. More reach is the ultimate goal, but I’m wanting a little more knock down and range to the caliber. Thanks in advance
Bdog 35 in Utah
You're selling your 25 WSSM???

Well if you're looking for more umpf than that, forget about the 25-06.

Unless you go wildcat territory, you're pretty much looking at the 257 Weatherby.

The 25 Needmore isn't going to give you any performance advantage over the 25 WSSM, or 25-06.
Yeah, components, blah blah blah..

As for wildcats.
25-284, about equal to 25-06.
25-6.5mm Rem Mag, now we are starting to get interesting.
6.51 Lazzeroni Scramjet. King of them all.

25/7 Rem mag equals 257 Weatherby with .050 shorter neck in case capacity. The Double-radius shoulder stops brass mitigation. It would be pretty nice to run AGD 7 Mag brass necked down. I never lost a case forming Winchester 7 Rem mag brass, the double radius shoulder formed perfectly.

The 25 Sherman on Lapua '06 brass sounds like a winner, also.