Best 25 caliber to consider on a build.

I love my fast twist 257 weatherby, but honestly I would seriously consider 25 Creedmoor, 25 PRC, and 25 SS or SST.

25 creedmoor with small primer Lapua brass would be nice.

@Bdog35 ,

Tell me about your 25WSSM.
What manufacturer?
Barrel length and contour?
What are you asking for it?

I already have a Browning A Bolt SSA in 25 WSSM. But recently have found myself getting duplicates of cartridges if the rifle is different.
And I've not been disappointed with it's performance hunting in PA.

@Bdog35 ,

Tell me about your 25WSSM.
What manufacturer?
Barrel length and contour?
What are you asking for it?

I already have a Browning A Bolt SSA in 25 WSSM. But recently have found myself getting duplicates of cartridges if the rifle is different.
And I've not been disappointed with it's performance hunting in PA.
It’s built on a savage action with a carbon fiber wrapped barrel, 11 degree crown, threaded for brake or can. Only had about 100 rounds through it. And it has a Boyd’s salt and pepper stock, that is laminate. I have all the goodies for it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpeg
    IMG_1515.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1514.jpeg
    IMG_1514.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1516.jpeg
    IMG_1516.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 18
It’s built on a savage action with a carbon fiber wrapped barrel, 11 degree crown, threaded for brake or can. Only had about 100 rounds through it. And it has a Boyd’s salt and pepper stock, that is laminate. I have all the goodies for it as well.
The barrel is 24 inches long.

I built a 25prc (25-6.5prc). I First got a prefit from SJA and was not happy with it. I had the barrel set back and re chambered by Manzella precision. Once I had it re chambered it has been easy to load for. Brass is easy to come by. If you want more horsepower there are lots of other options. I built mine on a LA and it feeds great from a Hawkins Hunter magazine. I have thought about a 25 creedmoor, but I am going to burn this barrel out first.

The old quarter bore shoots pretty darn go on just about any case, so with that said, I'd just go with the .257 Weatherby Mag it's been doing a great job for many years and continues to. Just match the bore twist to the bullets you want to use. Cheers.