Alaska Boy, 11, Shoots Charging Brown Bear

When Lucas and Brenda were here about a month or more ago he told me the story. I remember when Lucas had to kill that 26 yr old boar with his 500 Smith, when he was walking home from the Tabernacle on the boardwalk. Elliott had only been walking for a short time.
You might say killing brown bear up close is something he is very accustomed to .

SO AM I...his grandpa!

I posted a link below to the story that I told on Facebook the night his mother, my daughter called to wish me a happy Father's Day (which started all of this talk). I had no idea this would go all the way around the world. As for Elliott walking taller, you wouldn't even know it if you talked with him, he's truly humble and doesn't even like talking about it!
Good morning America wanted to interview him, good morning UK wanted to fly the family over there to interview him, also Australia, New Zealand... but Elliott doesn't want to talk about it, kind of a bummer - most of the reason I made the original post was to draw attention to there family guiding business in hopes of drawing a few more customers.

I would also like to clear this story up a bit. Elliott killed the bear all by himself! His first round was birdshot, the next three were slugs. The reason for the first round being birdshot is that they like to be able to scare a bear off if possible. Elliott forgot that he would be walking in thick woods, thus also forgetting to change out that first round to a slug.
One more thing, below is a quote that his father made that Fox and other news organizations left out?

"It's not just a matter of skill or preparedness. It can happen to anybody and it can go wrongly, especially for a kid", Lucas Clark the boys father said. "We pray for our kids every day, and in my mind that's the biggest factor right there".

If you want to read my original post and a bit of my conversation with Elliott go to Thomas Malapanis Facebook - Facebook wouldn't allow the link to be posted?

Lucas and Brenda Clark with her Dall sheep.
20180913_072924.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.