11 ft brown bear

It's hard to tell from the pictures..., but I was expecting the body to look larger in the 2nd photo. The photo with the guys positioned on each side. Based on it being an 11 foot bear.

It does have a nice broad head. Which helps increase the skull measurement.

I pretty sure they're the same bear both have a scar between the eyes

Should probably stay out if it. But it does look like the same log supporting the head, the same rocks next to the log hauled in to prop up the head, the same facial scars...

Big skulled bears don't always have big bodies. Doesn't take anything away from the trophy status of any boar with a 30" + skull. A 29" skull is huge. So this is a HUGE skull, by any measuring stick. Some boars are genetically programmed with the potential to grow bigger skulls.

Only reason for my comnent..., I expected to see a humongous body on a boar with an 11 foot squared hide. Figured the body would fill out that hide.

Have seen and shot brown bear on Kodiak Island having much larger bodies, with much smaller skulls. Skulls in + 27" range. They do say Kodiak Island produces large-bodied brown bear. So maybe that's the explanation...

Right. And food supplies available to the bear on the AK Peninsula may not be as abundant as Kodiak Island.

The largest boar I shot on Kodiak Island still had a 4" layer of fat on his ribcage, and that was fresh out of hibernation. In late April. Still had mudballs in his fur from his den.

Sorry about that, had them mixed up up, this is the other brownie I was talking about

almost as big as the other one

E8541160-AF1E-41D1-B3F6-D7911C90CD0D.jpeg

8FF9A34F-BB7C-40EA-89A8-DE6CC0B92BCC.jpeg