7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

7STW,

Would you measure your Win. mag box length and advise what it is, please? Looks like the box on my Mod 70 338 maxes out at 3.60----a bit shorter than my Rem Sendero 7STW box.

Can I make the Win 70 work for the STW without going for a longer box???

Last edited:
140gr on 81gr or 82gr of rl25 depending on brass. Never really worked with 160's.

Thanks!

I've bought 3 boxes of the 160 gr Accubonds from a fellow LRH member and looking forward to loading these and comparing them to the 162 gr Amax. I'll also load some more 140 gr. Accubonds too.

It will hopefully be a good day at the range seeing how those loads will do in my Sendero 7mm STWs! :D

7STW,

Would you measure your Win. mag box length and advise what it is, please? Looks like the box on my Mod 70 338 maxes out at 3.60----a bit shorter than my Rem Sendero 7STW box.

You measurement is correct. My mag box is just over 3.610. I ban get away with 3.645 in my Senderos. The Winchester is shorter, but it still shoots. You certainly can use the m70. By all means do!!!!

What are the 150 BT ? ttsx?

lightbulb Also bring a ground cover or sheet of wood for underneath the muzzle brakes to cut down the dust

BT is a abbreviation for Ballistic tip, which is made by Nosler, the TSX, is a Barnes triple shock X bullet, and the TTSX is a Tipped triple Shock X bullet.

7STW,

Jim the mag well on my Laredo is 3.6480 and seems like all the Winchster magazines are shorter than the Rems and yeah it should be no problem as the case size is fairly close and every Winchester I've ever had seemed to like a good bit of bullet jump .....Im about sure 7STW's Sharpshooter does

Jim the mag well on my Laredo is 3.6480 and seems like all the Winchster magazines are shorter than the Rems and yeah it should be no problem as the case size is fairly close and every Winchester I've ever had seemed to like a good bit of bullet jump .....Im about sure 7STW's Sharpshooter does

I measured my two Sendero 7mm STWs mag boxes this morning and I have 3.678 on each of them.

NEW BUILD ALERT!!!
Gentlemen, I would like to announce the arrival of a eight pound addition in the STW flavor. It came out VERY nice. It is living in my 700P stock for now, but will be in a Bobby Hart LRT. Also, for now, it is wearing a Nikon Monarch' 6.5-20 AO Target model. I am going to put a Leupold 6-18 AO target in a few weeks. But I can shhot it like it is for now, and do some load tinkering. ( maybe even a little whitetail sniping next month). The brass that was used to proof fire it is perfect. No lines or shiny spots on the body, which indicates a smooth chamber. Pix may follow. Thanks to all that have heard all the blow by blow updates. Take care to all.

NEW BUILD ALERT!!!
Gentlemen, I would like to announce the arrival of a eight pound addition in the STW flavor. It came out VERY nice. It is living in my 700P stock for now, but will be in a Bobby Hart LRT. Also, for now, it is wearing a Nikon Monarch' 6.5-20 AO Target model. I am going to put a Leupold 6-18 AO target in a few weeks. But I can shhot it like it is for now, and do some load tinkering. ( maybe even a little whitetail sniping next month). The brass that was used to proof fire it is perfect. No lines or shiny spots on the body, which indicates a smooth chamber. Pix may follow. Thanks to all that have heard all the blow by blow updates. Take care to all.
Cool deal Bro, Glad you got it and I dont know why but I have a gut feeling that its gonna be a shooter.......and THe Bobby Hart stock is gonna be an awesome addition to that rig.......waiting on the pics:D

Recent Posts