7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Mr.Sako,

I just got a Weaver Extreme in 4x16x50 at Natchez, it seems identical to my Leupold 4.5x14x50., for 35% of the price. It was their top of the line scope that they made but couldn't sell a few years ago in the $650-1000 area. Basically, they didn't have the name to jump into that price range (crowd.) They are now being closed out between 289 and 329 by Natchez. This Weaver is also illuminated with a German #4 reticle which I like and I think the glass is brighter than my Leupold. They also have a lifetime guarantee. It feels like it'll last.

Mr.Sako,

I just got a Weaver Extreme in 4x16x50 at Natchez, it seems identical to my Leupold 4.5x14x50., for 35% of the price. It was their top of the line scope that they made but couldn't sell a few years ago in the $650-1000 area. Basically, they didn't have the name to jump into that price range (crowd.) They are now being closed out between 289 and 329 by Natchez. This Weaver is also illuminated with a German #4 reticle which I like and I think the glass is brighter than my Leupold. They also have a lifetime guarantee. It feels like it'll last.
Weaver makes a very fine scope their quality is in line with all the heavy hitters........I have a 4.5x20x44 with tactical turrents and I love it...... it shoots thru the box and tracks perfect....its going on my new build this weekend....you done good at that price

Mr.Sako,

Can you see the recticle when it's bright out??? I stopped using weaver 10 years ago when I had a v16 dot that I couldn't find on a sunny day, no matter how we fiddled with back focus. If that's not an issue, it's probably a heck of a buy. I've seen some awesome hits made with weaver equipped rifles, but when you can't find the recticle, you are peeing up a rope. Kinda sours you on a scope.

etisll40 - getting scopes across the border is a major pain but thanks for the heads up. I have found a few decent used ones but figured I may as well check out everything if I am going put on a new scope. The Tactical shop I am heading to carries Vortex, Sightron and Nightforce. I will let you all know what I find and decide on fater my shopping trip.

Glass is crystal clear and the reticle is their version of a German#4 with a thin crosshair with the outerlines thickened, the crosshair has a tiny dot, about 1/2 mill thick Un-illuminated.The MOA of the dot is certainly larger than my nightforce with an NP-R2 but this is the best German#4 reticle I've seen. Reticles are one of the keys to good shooting, you don't need to illuminate the dot during the daytime? Anyone that doesn't go to Natchez and look at these Extreme scopes in varying magnifications is missing out on the high quality over looked at Weaver a few years ago. If the clicks are as accurate as my Leupy vx-3 4.5x14x50 which has a Boone and Crocket reticle and no illumination, that I paid $850 for + NYS Tax. I will sell my Leupy and buy 2 more for 329 a piece. I love good reticles.

I've been using the crap out of the bushnell/bauch& lomb elite series. I've got 10x(3200) on both 270's, 6-24x(4000) on my 300 and 25wssm, and a 8-32x(4200) on my bdl in 7mmstw. Pretty good eyes for the money. I've only shaken one apart- a 3-9 b&l 3000 on a lightweight 375 h&h. They gave me a new 3200 3-9 without quibbling a bit, even though the 3000 was 15 years old and had been on a bunch of guns. They track well, shoot good groups, and I've never paid more than 400 for any of them. I do like the Leopold stuff, but they want a bunch for it.

I am like most, I have pretty good luck with most purchases, but like golf clubs too, I have a closet full collecting varying amounts of dust. I am really excited to find this deal though. I do like to have a good scope on every rifle. That's my basic goal. I have a Nightforce and a Leupold and a Horus, but they cost soooo much. A year or 2 ago, I did spend some money, I don't regret what I have but to get a good scope at this price range would make my day. I'll update it as I test it further.

I am like most, I have pretty good luck with most purchases, but like golf clubs too, I have a closet full collecting varying amounts of dust. I am really excited to find this deal though. I do like to have a good scope on every rifle. That's my basic goal. I have a Nightforce and a Leupold and a Horus, but they cost soooo much. A year or 2 ago, I did spend some money, I don't regret what I have but to get a good scope at this price range would make my day. I'll update it as I test it further.
I hear ya on that man. Let me know how that scope works for ya. It seems like Natchez does have some pretty fair deals once in a while. Their sister site- Mid-south shooters supply- sold me 1000 270 cal 130 blems for 80$ back in Feb that turned out to be interbonds with a few bent tips. Fed with a compressed charge of wc872 and some rem mag primers I got on sale, I'm shooting my tikka 270 for $20 per hundred. I've been trying to get a deal on some Nos bonded's for the 7stw and can't, that's why I'm trying the Barnes.

Can anyone give me a price or a worth of a Model 70 Stainless Steel 7mm STW 26" barrel about 6-7 years old limited use maybe 50-60 rounds! Aftermarket muzzel brake and decelerator pad installed! Mint condition!

Can anyone give me a price or a worth of a Model 70 Stainless Steel 7mm STW 26" barrel about 6-7 years old limited use maybe 50-60 rounds! Aftermarket muzzel brake and decelerator pad installed! Mint condition!

My best " guesstamation" would be between $800-900 bucks in mint condition. Does it have the push feed, or is it the pre-64 type with the Claw? Are you buying or selling?????? Is it in a wooden stock or synthetic? If it is in a wood stock, you might add 100.00

My best " guesstamation" would be between $800-900 bucks in mint condition. Does it have the push feed, or is it the pre-64 type with the Claw? Are you buying or selling?????? Is it in a wooden stock or synthetic? If it is in a wood stock, you might add 100.00

Yeah it is a synthetic stock with I believe the claw style extractor! My cousin is looking to sell and didn't know where to start. I looked on the net, but couldn't find anything similar!

etisll40 - getting scopes across the border is a major pain but thanks for the heads up. I have found a few decent used ones but figured I may as well check out everything if I am going put on a new scope. The Tactical shop I am heading to carries Vortex, Sightron and Nightforce. I will let you all know what I find and decide on fater my shopping trip.

I hear yah on the border BS .... take a real good lookat the vortex , I just got a mil/mil 4-16 50 ffp IL its a nice scope for under a 1000cnd

Yeah it is a synthetic stock with I believe the claw style extractor! My cousin is looking to sell and didn't know where to start. I looked on the net, but couldn't find anything similar!
I'll have to agree with 7STW if its mint $700 to $900 with the brake and pad more towards 900 and if its a pre 64 action most definatley 9 ish .......Winchester's are on the rise in this section of the world:D

Post a few pics, I might be interested. Have him pull the bolt out too and photograph the face. If it is the pre-64 great, but I doubt it because the 7stw wasn't around then. If it is the controlled round push feed, a (super shadow) made between late 2003-2006, it's the best action Winchester may have ever made, my opinion. I just bought a 7WSM with that action and paid $515 net on gunbroker. An STW version would be worth a tad more because of the long action. but probably no more than $625 unless it had a DBM set up and trigger, then add a bit more. This is my opinion as I shop Gunbroker daily for stuff and always look up 7stw, 7wsm and 300 wsm & Ruger No.1's.

Tons of deals there. If he were patient, he could ask for more and just wait. Someone typically comes around for stuff like this after awhile.