6.5 PRC Reloading

On another note, Atlas is developing brass for the 6.5 PRC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-213158_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-213158_Messenger.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 204
a question for someone who may know... I have a Christensen muzzle brake on my rifle with side ports and 4 plugged threaded holes on top. how do I utilize the 4 top ports; is it tuning for accuracy or just the way the rifle recoils?

You can use the top ports to tune muzzle rise. I usually open two ports. You can use your cell phone to record and play back in slow motion to see the combination that works best. Or, starting from the shooter, pull the second and fourth plug. It works well for my PRCs.

Last edited:
tried some rl 26 this evening with 143s. what the hell is in that stuff, 3184 fps av at 56.1 grains. shot about moa but the speed is way up there... and the shell just glided right on out of the chamber. funny, with bullet going the same speed, rl 26 didn't produce the same groups. got a feeling it will work well on heavier bullets.

Most of the Reloder powders see an uptick in velocity. Believe it's what Hornady runs in their superperformance ammo.

tried some rl 26 this evening with 143s. what the hell is in that stuff, 3184 fps av at 56.1 grains. shot about moa but the speed is way up there... and the shell just glided right on out of the chamber. funny, with bullet going the same speed, rl 26 didn't produce the same groups. got a feeling it will work well on heavier bullets.

RL26 is my favorite powder right now. It does everything well. Max velocity, excellent temp stability, and it works very well in a variety of cartridges. Very versatile.

something like this:

6.5x55 Swede/Kelbly Atlas Tactical/26" Brux Sendero/Bix'n Andy Tacsport/Swarovski X5i 5x25x56P MOA
6.5 Creedmoor/Pierce Engineering Ultralight Titanium/21" Christensen Arms Carbon/Timney/Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 MOA
28 Nosler/Kelbly Atlas Tactical/26" Proof/Bix'n Andy Tacsport/Swarovski X5i 5x25x56P MOA

all you state is "My barrel", "my rifle" inquiring minds need to know;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.