6.5 PRC reloading issue (not clickers)

Some rubbing alcohol and q-tips to clean the dies out and less lube should get you on the right path. With regards to the shoulder position, the brass sometimes needs a few firings to grow all the way out, so you may be able to back the die off after the next firing.

I agree with Lefty - I clean my sizing die every 50 with a degreaser/brake cleaner type of spray. And I only lube the body of the case and not on the shoulder.

I'd look at the air pressure bleeder hole and make sure you not locking in air. I've not had a dented case in the prc but have seen this in other cases without a bleeder or a clogger bleed hole.

As far as the shoulder set back, I have seen issue with dies and shell holders not having proper fit. I had to remove .0015 off a shell holder to get proper set back.

I'd look at the air pressure bleeder hole and make sure you not locking in air. I've not had a dented case in the prc but have seen this in other cases without a bleeder or a clogger bleed hole.

As far as the shoulder set back, I have seen issue with dies and shell holders not having proper fit. I had to remove .0015 off a shell holder to get proper set back.
Hornady dies have a vent hole, Redding does not.

I have a few questions for those reloading the 6.5 PRC. I am not getting clickers and have read all of the recent posts (Thanks Alex Wheeler).

I am reloading for two different rifles. A HS Precision and a friends Christensen Arms. I am going to stick to my HS for the time being.
My issue: My chamber wants the brass resized to 1.663 as measured with my Hornady Headspace comparator. I have two sets of dies purchasing the Redding set after I thought I had a die issue with the Hornady. I am finding that I have to cam over on the shell holder to get the brass to 1.663. This is causing neck dents in the brass.
Brass does not need trimmed as it measures under 2.030. What the heck am I doing wrong? I have cleaned the die to ensure nothing inside is causing the dent. I have been reloading for 25 years and never had a problem like this. My buddies rifle wants the brass set back to 1.558 +/-. Geez. Help!

My load for the HS is right out of Hornady's book and shows no pressure and shoots great. 57.4 H1000, 147 ELDM 2.955 OAL.
I have same problem with shoulders denting. I use the imperial wax ,none on the shoulders.and I still have to swab out my die every couple of shots.i believe it's my redding dies.but the dents pop right back out,and gun shoots 1/2 moa.

I have same problem with shoulders denting. I use the imperial wax ,none on the shoulders.and I still have to swab out my die every couple of shots.i believe it's my redding dies.but the dents pop right back out,and gun shoots 1/2 moa.
Try resetting your die so that you just barely decap and barely cam over easy wipe the neck and shoulder area before sizing and see what happens