300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

I would definitely try h1000 or maybe retumbo if you have it for the 181's. Beautiful rifle by the way! I can't wait to see what you come up with for a load.
No Retumbo unfortunately :(. But I have H1000 loaded up to 96gr for tomorrow morning now. We'll see how she does!

If it doesn't work I can probably help you out with some retumbo. I think I'm about 4 hours north of you.

I've had great luck with h1000 and retumbo with my 300 rum with 181's 3400
Fps and crazy accurate.
That's awesome dude! I really appreciate that offer as well as confirming my idea of testing the H1000. I'll know by 7:30am if it's going to work out!

I'm doing a somewhat similar build. Got everything from Ryan Pierce except the barrel. I'm using a 30" Krieger heavy varmint with a 9 twist to shoot 245 grain Berger EOL's. I'll use it from a switchback on a trail hunting elk across a canyon. Shots are 800-1200 yds.

I have the same Labradar tripod and ext. battery setup, but I haven't shot it yet, hopefully soon. Reading the instructions last night, the barrel basically needs to be even with the Labradar, or slightly in front or behind depending on Muzzle brake blast direction. Realistically though my positioning will be close to the same as yours' in the back of your truck and barrel probably will be 2' in front of bench.

Any issues with the barrel that far ahead? I do also have an air gun trigger for my rifles that I shoot suppressed. Don't want to waste shots going undetected. Too many years of that screwing with my Chrony lol.

I'm doing a somewhat similar build. Got everything from Ryan Pierce except the barrel. I'm using a 30" Krieger heavy varmint with a 9 twist to shoot 245 grain Berger EOL's. I'll use it from a switchback on a trail hunting elk across a canyon. Shots are 800-1200 yds.
Awesome!!! That'll be a 1200 yard hammer for sure!!
Nice looking rig… what's the barrel contour?
I honestly don't know the true name of his contour on this barrel dude.
I have the same Labradar tripod and ext. battery setup, but I haven't shot it yet, hopefully soon. Reading the instructions last night, the barrel basically needs to be even with the Labradar, or slightly in front or behind depending on Muzzle brake blast direction. Realistically though my positioning will be close to the same as yours' in the back of your truck and barrel probably will be 2' in front of bench.

Any issues with the barrel that far ahead? I do also have an air gun trigger for my rifles that I shoot suppressed. Don't want to waste shots going undetected. Too many years of that screwing with my Chrony lol.
I've never had a single issue with the lab radar sitting where it's at when I'm using a rifle with a muzzle brake.

I also have an NMI, but mine has a slightly steeper shoulder. Less than 40 I think though. It's a Lane Precision build. The HH 215's I have multiple 5 shot and 7 shot groups with crazy ES. 3 FPS. It's mind blowing. Sadly none are less than 1 MOA at 100 yards. I have a couple hundred HH 180 gr to start my development with, probably this weekend coming up. I'll be using the H1000 to start with. My RL26 I use for my 300 prc and the Retumbo for my 6.5 SAUM I have them to try, but I really hope to get the H1000 to work. I'll keep following this thread to see how yours works out. Oh, Peterson brass and CCI 250 primers.

Thank you for sharing this very impressive testing. Very well done!! Great looking rifle and excellent shooting.

That's awesome dude! I really appreciate that offer as well as confirming my idea of testing the H1000. I'll know by 7:30am if it's going to work out!
I'm late to the party but seen your previous Hammer accuracy issues that I'm sure can be fixed, Neck interference is gonna be a critical factor here with that short of a neck and I also fear H1000 is going to be too slow, Give me a holler if you want to 812-264-6183

Went well this morning! Much tighter ES's and groups. Slight ejector marks at 95 & 96gr. but not accompanied by any bolt click at all.

I'm going to focus on that 94gr. load. But also curious on that .5 MOA shift to the lower right as compared to the 93gr. and 95gr. groups 🤔.

I'm still forming the brass slightly I'm sure, so I'm glad 95gr. didn't shoot as well. That gives me a reason not to force the pressure on the second firing any more than I probably should 😅.

I was honestly expecting more velocity, but for now I'll be happy with tight groups and 3328fps. Maybe after the second firing on these 100 pieces, I'll chase the speed a little more. But at this point, it's not worth it.

62FBC090-4A93-4D61-9AD9-2DC5F13AE790.jpeg

DCB40D8E-1331-45DF-8DDC-5EC90A7A88DF.jpeg

D58E58E9-2BFF-47E2-AD77-DBEF2C0ECCAB.jpeg