300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

Have a new ladder for tomorrow. I had plenty of room in the throat to seat the 181 hammers out a little longer. So I seated them at my personal max length. Which is 3 drive bands inside the neck. Seems to be a decent ways from the lands. No precise measurement taken though.

My first fouling round is a "safety" charge at 90gr. of H1000.

Then I have 3 rounds loaded up at 92, 93 & 94gr. of H1000.

5FDFDADF-ECCD-4648-B133-6E61B3929097.jpeg

923FF831-DCAF-46AE-AB69-A70ADEACC254.jpeg

Haha I agree! Honestly, if these don't show some half *** promising results tomorrow, I'll probably not even waste any more time on the 181's.
I agree with Richard: shoot whichever weight bullet your rifle likes the best. I did load development for a Desert Tech 300 Norma Mag barrel with the 199 Hammer Hunters using N570, but not the NMI though. My accuracy load was averaging .2 MOA or less size groups consistently at distances up to 500 yards. Shot several half-inch sized groups on my 300 yard target with that particular load, which were middle .1 MOA's. I don't remember the CBTO or COAL measurements off the top of my head but the 199's were extremely accurate out of that 1 in 8" twist 26" factory steel barrel. Velocity readings were averaging 3,125 fps with that accuracy load but I do remember pushing them over 3,200 fps during the load development process. I know that's not a big help since yours is a 300 NMI but just saying the 199's are a super accurate bullet in every rifle I've tried them in that have 1 in 9" or faster twist rates. The 181's shoot amazing from my 300 win mag however. Hammers are one of the most precisely made and accurate big game hunting bullets I've ever tested. Whether 181's or the 199's you can't go wrong.

Have a new ladder for tomorrow. I had plenty of room in the throat to seat the 181 hammers out a little longer. So I seated them at my personal max length. Which is 3 drive bands inside the neck. Seems to be a decent ways from the lands. No precise measurement taken though.

My first fouling round is a "safety" charge at 90gr. of H1000.

Then I have 3 rounds loaded up at 92, 93 & 94gr. of H1000.

View attachment 373058
View attachment 373059

forget H1000 in the Improved case, Reloder 33 will generate the highest velocity and best accuracy with 200 gr & heavier bullets

forget H1000 in the Improved case, Reloder 33 will generate the highest velocity and best accuracy with 200 gr & heavier bullets
I'm shooting a 181gr. bullet?

Looks like people are having good success with RL26 but I don't have that and H1000 is the closest burn rate to that that I have.

thats a ag ibex stock im not seeing it on there website
It's not on their website actually. You have to call to order one.
Following....talk to me about the March. I've been eyeing that same model or going to a Kahles 5-25. How are you liking it so far? Thanks
I'm liking it so far!! The short tube and 52mm objective has some restrictions on mounting though. I actually have 1" rings coming to get me a little higher so I can slide the scope back far enough for the proper eye relief. It's in a .92 height tube right now.

Recent Posts