26 Nosler Wildcats - 28 Nosler (284)

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
I'm really excited about this chambering.

I've been following your threads on the various 26 nosler wildcats, but this is one that I am most interested in.

As soon as all my parts arrive I will be building a 7mm rifle and am right now teetering between the 7LRM and the 28 nosler. They would appear to offer similar performance.

At this moment I'm leaning towards the nosler for better (albeit more expensive) brass, and a speculative SAAMI blessing. It's still unclear to me where dies are going to come from, but a hopefully SAAMI blessed cartridge will have more options.

I am anxious to read of your results.

-nosualc

I've been following your threads on the various 26 nosler wildcats, but this is one that I am most interested in.

As soon as all my parts arrive I will be building a 7mm rifle and am right now teetering between the 7LRM and the 28 nosler. They would appear to offer similar performance.

At this moment I'm leaning towards the nosler for better (albeit more expensive) brass, and a speculative SAAMI blessing. It's still unclear to me where dies are going to come from, but a hopefully SAAMI blessed cartridge will have more options.

I am anxious to read of your results.

-nosualc
This is a SAAMI chamgering. They were submitted in July. They are not in the SAAMI web site. You can call David Kiff for confirmation.

This is a SAAMI chamgering. They were submitted in July. They are not in the SAAMI web site. You can call David Kiff for confirmation.

I was aware that they were submitted, but had not heard that they were approved. Perhaps this is just a formality. I was assuming we'd hear more from Nosler on this at the SHOT show.

I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but look at Shop Reloading Supplies | Dies | Bullets | Hulls | Wads | Powder - Precision Reloading. They appear to list 28 nosler ammo in 160 AB/175 ABLR, and more interestingly a variety of Redding dies. It smells like a vendor jumping the gun before things are announced.

-nosualc

Does anyone have the specs on the finalized SAMMI 7mm (28) Nosler? Just a neckup? Or is shoulder moved etc?

thanks

Does anyone have the specs on the finalized SAMMI 7mm (28) Nosler? Just a neckup? Or is shoulder moved etc?

thanks
Until someone gets Dave Kiff on the phone, I can only go by my reamer print which is the SAMMI print. It is just necked up.

Smart way IMO
Yup. I'm fairly certain that these will be the spec because...

Someone fiddled with the 30-Nosler vs the 308/26-Nosler and the 33-Nosler vs the 338/26-Nosler. With that, I'm sure it was Nosler same as Remington did with the 338RUM vs the 300RUM and 7mmRUM.

If its gonna be just a neck up from the 26 nosler to a 28 nosler an everything else is the same, where can one get dies at? I've almost got everything to get started, just needing dies. Thanks.

DT

If its gonna be just a neck up from the 26 nosler to a 28 nosler an everything else is the same, where can one get dies at? I've almost got everything to get started, just needing dies. Thanks.

DT

The necking up is easy. Getting the same brass to 338/26-Nosler isn't bad either. For now a 338 RUM is the body die. Hornady 270 and 7mm magnum neck die for necking up and neck sizing. A 300WSM for shoulder bump and bullet seating.

The necking up is easy. Getting the same brass to 338/26-Nosler isn't bad either. For now a 338 RUM is the body die. Hornady 270 and 7mm magnum neck die for necking up and neck sizing. A 300WSM for shoulder bump and bullet seating.

I've got everything as far as all the dies to neck up with, just wondering if anyone has or is making the dies for the 28 nosler. Just easier I guess to have a set of dies for it. Just MHO. Thanks anyway for the advise. This tread (I have a feeling) is gonna have some good stuff!! Again, thanks for the info. (Didn't mean to ramble)

DT

Yup. I'm fairly certain that these will be the spec because...

Someone fiddled with the 30-Nosler vs the 308/26-Nosler and the 33-Nosler vs the 338/26-Nosler. With that, I'm sure it was Nosler same as Remington did with the 338RUM vs the 300RUM and 7mmRUM.

Blaser made a nice 6.5mm case and put a 7mm bullet in it.

Nosler made a nice 7mm case and put a 6.5mm bullet in it.

Remington made a nice 338 case and put a 30 cal bullet in it. Then they made a nice 30 cal case and put a 338 bullet in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.