243 vs 6 creedmoor……I’ll grab my popcorn

We have a .243 in a 700 Mountain Rifle DBM. Shoots lights out.
If you are stuck on a 6mm and want to have fun shooting Wrabbits and Steel why not go with a 6BR???
I've thought of that as well. Just like the idea of factory ammo options on this rig. I have a dasher as well so thats my only hesitation with the BR considering they are very close

Look at this thread on the Hide. Discussion of the new contours and weights.

Thanks for pushing me to look again, while the current sale doesn't encompass what I want currently, but I'm very happy to see the .68 taperless option as previously it was really hard to find an aftermarket barrel as light as a tikka lite profile.

Thanks!

Build? No difference. Put a fast twist barrel and get a .243 reamer with the right FB, and it SHOULD slightly outrun a 6CM.

Buy? 6CM for the faster twist factory barrel and correct FB. Even though ammo is not as prevalent as .243 Win, they are usually in the heavier offerings of 100+ bullets and higher quality.
^^^^^ yep

IMG_6204.jpeg

I got a 243 Win from SWS, built in suppressor on the barrel and easy to tote around.

I wish Hornady would release the 87gn SSTs they load in their reduced recoil loads for reloaders, it's a great bullet in the 243 Win for general purpose use. I use 80gn Nosler BTs most of the time instead.