6 BR vs. 6mm Creedmoor

Can someone explain the 6mm dasher a little better for me please
Personaly I don't like the Dasher, it has a super short neck which isn't a huge deal but it does have drawbacks.
For hunting a 6 creed is the way to go, I've shot matches with guys who had close to 2000 rounds through theirs and were still killing it.
I recently switched to 6GT in my match rifle and love it, accuracy wise they're all the same

I'd love to see someone put a .5moa 5+ round group at 1000. Please video that next time you're out.

I mean I'd love to see anyone put a cold bore shot on a .5moa target at 1000y. Just 1.
I don't have video but I did get a screen shot sent to me from the guy with the shot marker from one days load development session. This one was .6 on a quick group of an old recipe with virgin brass.

Attachments

• image000000(1).png
    image000000(1).png
    84 KB · Views: 16
Can someone explain the 6mm dasher a little better for me please

Thank you akdad

Regarding the op your looking at roughly 2800vs 3150fps with the 6br & 6creed in 24" bbls

If the majority of your shooting will be over 600 6cm makes more sense under 600 the 6br imo.

Since you already have the 6.5cm & 6.5x284 I'd say 6br sounds appealing. Efficient, soft recoil, ideal for longer shot strings.

If you want to have your 6mm cake and eat it to go 6GT with 109s at 2900 in a 24"

And the 6 gt has a 30 deg shoulder for more reliable feeding from a magazine and is a longer case and has a little longer neck. So the Dasher and GT are pretty much what for what. The 6 creed has more case capacity and is faster at the expense of barrel life. But has more factory ammo options. Thats it in a nutshell.
6GT has a 35* shoulder. Along with being .150” longer than the dasher as you stated to improve feeding and run dasher speeds at lower pressures

I have a 6BR for ground squirrels and such. Easy to load for and insanely accurate. But, it has mag feeding and extraction issues due to the short case length. I actually removed the ejector in my 6BR. I just single load and extract the case from the action with my finger.
If you are wanting to load from a magazine, IMO the 6GT or 6CM is the way to go. Personally I would opt for the 6GT, supposedly solves the extraction issues, and better barrel life than the 6CM. Plus Lapua makes brass for the 6GT. The 6GT is gonna be around for while.

Recent Posts