6 BR vs. 6mm Creedmoor

Build a 6 Dasher and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I built a 6mmBR for myself. I was poised to build a 6 Dasher but I only shoot at 400yds. The 6mmBR is extremely easy to find accurate loads for and the barrel will outlast a 6 Dasher if you shoot enough.

Lapus 6mmBR brass is known for having a usable life of 50 rounds or more. I'm only at about 12 but the stuff is still going strong.

I have a custom 6cm hunting setup and it shoots .5 moa to 1000. I have an old bench 22-250 i bought used that I am thinking about re barreling to something 6mm. I shoot in alot of wind. I am curious too which one to go with.
I'd love to see someone put a .5moa 5+ round group at 1000. Please video that next time you're out.

I mean I'd love to see anyone put a cold bore shot on a .5moa target at 1000y. Just 1.

In today’s world i personally want whatever is most common and available. Also I’m making a very weak attempt at reducing different calibers or at least ones that aren’t directly related.

I have had 6 cm, 6brx, 6 br, 6 GT, and 6xc. They are accurate but the 6 br was the most accurate with 107 smk at about 2900. it shot in .2's consistently and really not much velocity loss to the others that were around 3000 to 3100

6Cm is going to have higher velocities than a 6BR.

If it is for shooting or varmint hunting where barrel life is a concern, the 6BR is a better choice.

If it is for small/varmints/medium game like deer/pronghorn/coyotes, the 6CM makes sense.

Don't leave out the 6GT, 6x47L, 6XC if you are exploring midsized 6mm cases. There are several others too, that are a bit more work but produce amazing results. 6PPC, 6 Dasher, 6BRA, etc.
You can buy 6 Dasher Brass now. 6gt as well I think. For a hunter the gt might feed better has slightly less shoulder angle and I think was made to address feeding issues with the 40 deg shoulder and less body taper of Dasher which is really just an improved BR.

It is essentially a 6mmBR that is AI (Ackley Improved). Small increase in case capacity and a blown out 40deg shoulder.
And the 6 gt has a 30 deg shoulder for more reliable feeding from a magazine and is a longer case and has a little longer neck. So the Dasher and GT are pretty much what for what. The 6 creed has more case capacity and is faster at the expense of barrel life. But has more factory ammo options. Thats it in a nutshell.

i have no experience but ill say 6cm just cause the plethora of brass and recipes from everyone else that is using it

@Longtine88 just saw your avatar.
have you seen will sasso do macho, it's uncanny

Any 6mm cartridge that has been mentioned will work really well to kill game up to the size of a deer. When I first started hunting, I shot a lot of deer with a 243 Winchester, which is a 6mm bullet.

I also had the same thoughts long ago and I built a 6 dasher. I wanted something that I could shoot a lot and out to far distances, is why I choose the 6 dasher. I have taken the dasher out to a mile and had first round impacts at a mile. It’s a very accurate cartridge and very capable.

I hope you enjoy your new rifle because I’m on my 2 barrel on the dasher and still really enjoy pulling the trigger.

i have no experience but ill say 6cm just cause the plethora of brass and recipes from everyone else that is using it

@Longtine88 just saw your avatar.
have you seen will sasso do macho, it's uncanny
IMG_3899.png

That’s hilarious😂😂😂😂

Recent Posts