190 A-Tip on game performance?

Every time?

So then you don't know how well they work, or don't work, when bone is encountered?
We have a December late doe season. This is the hunt where I use the 140 ELDMs. Shots are from 300-500 yards typically in cut corn or bean fields. Every deer I've shot with the 140s has exited the opposite side. I have shot deer with the162 amax from my 284 with identical results. Personally I don't have any experience with hitting the shoulder or heavier bone. They could work great but I just have no reason to shoot a deer on the shoulder with this type bullet when the shots I take get the job done without wasting any meat. My statement isn't broad and is 100% true. It's the experience I have with that bullet on deer shot only thru the ribs.

My statement isn't broad and is 100% true. It's the experience I have with that bullet on deer shot only thru the ribs.
I dare anyone to use the ELDM bullets on deer size game and not be completely satisfied with the performance and outcome..
Ummmmmm…….

Yeah, your initial statement was VERY broad. I took your dare, and was NOT completely satisfied with performance or outcome, even on some of the rib shots.

I like exit wounds, and enough projectile integrity (or mass) to pound through a shoulder (whether intentional or accidental). The sub-7mm ELDMs offer neither of those qualities.

Ummmmmm…….

Yeah, your initial statement was VERY broad. I took your dare, and was NOT completely satisfied with performance or outcome, even on some of the rib shots.

I like exit wounds, and enough projectile integrity (or mass) to pound through a shoulder (whether intentional or accidental). The sub-7mm ELDMs offer neither of those qualities.
Well ya that dare was probably not necessary as everyone's experience can vary. My bad. The comment was based on just my experiences. I truly have had excellent results from rib cage shots on deer using those bullets. I prefer exits too but there not necessary really. I've never had to track a deer as they all drop within eye shot after the shot. I built a 30 Sherman Mag and plan on using 208 ELDM's for a similar scenario hunts but a bit further out. Shots to 800 yards are more common where I'll use that rifle. No doubt the 208 will exit the deer as well.

Recent Posts