Ever find a shotgun while hunting?

I used to fly with rifles for hunts. So I had one of those super aluminum double rifle cases for the airlines. I loaned my 30-378 W to a friend for a late elk hun in Utah about 700 miles away. They ended up getting snowed out so bad that on the third day that they had to load up the quads and chain up all 4 tires just to get down out of the mountains. My rifle was in the case strapped on the back of the quad. They drove back and decided to gas up all the quads and truck before heading out to where the guy lives up in the hills out of town. It was also snowing here and dark, but he unstrapped the rifle and just put it next to the quads on a car hauler type trailer for the last 15 miles.

Well when he got home it was gone. The rifle had a 30 inch custom barrel and $1500 dollar scope. It was November and I said that maybe someone will find it because it had my name address and phone number on the case holder for flying. 6 months later a lady was riding her horse out in the hills and found it down an embankment off the road not all that far from my friends house. I told my friend to go get it and for him to give that honest lady $1000 bucks. That super case was basicically water proof and it made it clear through the snowy winter. The case only had some dings from bouncing down the hill but not much damage because of the snow on the ground.

It was everyones lucky day! :)