12 gauge salt loads for bears

My brother in law and sister in law have a bear problem.The bear keeps coming around and brother in law wants me to load him some rock salt in 12 gauge loads.
While I have loaded shot gun loads for many years I have never loaded rock salt.
Anyone care to share their loads,wads and any advice on powder.
Thanks
Old Rooster
I hear that LEO rubber buck shot works great as well as bear spray and KROIL.

My brother in law and sister in law have a bear problem.The bear keeps coming around and brother in law wants me to load him some rock salt in 12 gauge loads.
While I have loaded shot gun loads for many years I have never loaded rock salt.
Thanks
Old Rooster
Contact fish and game..... they can trap it..... dont use salt or birdshot..... google bear attacks in wis. several this year.... while trying to scare bear away they will attack..... one fella up in Merril wis. had one come thru the window he was shooting out of he killed it in the hallway of his house.... with pistol....

Thanks
Old Rooster
Best advice I can give you..... Get some loaded 00 Buckshot 3" magnums....blackout the 00...tell him it's salt! Bear problem solved! Nothing like P-ssing a Bear off with salt...he thinks he has a problem now!!!! Or load a few rounds with salt and a few with pepper and load them one behind the other...shoot bear...and maybe the other Bears will realize he's already been seasoned....and eat em'.

Contact fish and game..... they can trap it..... dont use salt or birdshot..... google bear attacks in wis. several this year.... while trying to scare bear away they will attack..... one fella up in Merril wis. had one come thru the window he was shooting out of he killed it in the hallway of his house.... with pistol....
Your right Bill,scary stuff!Intense hunger can make anything do things they would never have done before.

Salt isn't effective on teenage boys in pursuit…
Rubber buckshot hurts, we had them in Iraq years back for the M203 grenade launchers.
My take on spray:
IMG_4592.jpeg

😂😂😂

Best advice I can give you..... Get some loaded 00 Buckshot 3" magnums....blackout the 00...tell him it's salt! Bear problem solved! Nothing like P-ssing a Bear off with salt...he thinks he has a problem now!!!! Or load a few rounds with salt and a few with pepper and load them one behind the other...shoot bear...and maybe the other Bears will realize he's already been seasoned....and eat em'.

What no thyme and garlic???

We use bean bag rounds as direct fire against black bears, the rubber buck shot we bounce off the ground in front of the bear at the recommendation of the CO and only use it in direct fire should it be too close to prevent any serious injury to the bear. With buck shot and slugs as back up.

You can buy rubber slugs too but they come with minimum range restrictions on them, usually have the wrong one in the tube when you find the nuisance bear around the pens.

We prefer to trap and relocate.

I have no experience with rock salt or shooting nuisance bears so full disclosure there. My father does, both with killing problem animals himself and deal with the paperwork side of things for others, having been a conservation officer for quite some time in northern Saskatchewan where black bears and timber wolves were and are just a normal part of life but every now and then cause problems.

He'd actually seen it on more than one occasion where someone had shot a bear with rock salt and another occasion with birdshot and it resulted in a far more dangerous situation, not to mention was cruel to the bear. But people seem to think only grizzlies are dangerous and need to be taken seriously. They are more dangerous for sure, but an agitated, injured, pis$ed off black bear is nothing to laugh at!

His conclusion and what he drilled into my head at a young age when I took an interest in guns in general was

"If you're going to shoot something, you shoot to kill it."

Another deterrent for problem bears getting into garbage and dog/livestock food is to put full strength ammonia into ziplock bags, seal the bag, wash them thoroughly, then give them a light wipe with bacon grease. These can then be placed in spots that have been previously visited by the bear. Keep out of reach of your dogs...
Now that's interesting…ouch! I've accidentally inhaled a single breath of very concentrated ammonia vapour and holy 💩 that is incapacitating for a good moment. Thought my dang nose was gonna fall off, throat on fire, couldn't quit coughing, chest actually ached inside for a while after.

But that would be one heck of a deterrent and I imagine they wouldn't associate it with humans they they would getting shot at by a human haha