Progression of ELR Community

What about to adapt the design to make it ready for the WTO Switch Lug? It's really a cool and simple solution for caliber and barrel swap.

Hello,

Well this just "kills" the ELR progression lolol
No need to learn reading, understanding and predicting down range environmental conditions ☺
20171011_123800 (002).jpg

THEIS

Hello,
Back to topic in all seriousness :)

This ballistic calculator system from Archer is great progression in the ELR world. They just have a little work to do in regards to range finders capable distance, BUT everything else seems to function PERFECT for ELR usage.

ARCHER BCA-01 is an autonomous ballistic calculator designed for calculating corrections for the chosen type of weapon / ammunition, depending on the distance to the target and weather conditions. The device is equipped with a laser rangefinder, a weather station, a digital compass and an inclinometer. Special software that works on different platforms (OS Windows, Android, iOS) is used for device parameterization. The device is installed on the day sight in such a way that the display of ballistic calculator is in sight of the operator. It allows to conveniently read corrections data and other measured parameters.

1478554296_0.png

THEIS

The QuadCopter as a weapons platform as presented is problematic. The weapons mounted are short range. Detection is easy. Knockdown is easy. Will it get used, yes. As we know 1000 failures will be ignored by 1 success.

Now back to ELR.

I would love to work with a DCA-1. Unfortunately it is "military" so the likelyhood of that happening is very low.

Still doing solutions the "old fashioned" way. Wind read+Range calculation+Ballistics model=Ballistics solution

Hello,
Back to topic in all seriousness :)

This ballistic calculator system from Archer is great progression in the ELR world. They just have a little work to do in regards to range finders capable distance, BUT everything else seems to function PERFECT for ELR usage.

ARCHER BCA-01 is an autonomous ballistic calculator designed for calculating corrections for the chosen type of weapon / ammunition, depending on the distance to the target and weather conditions. The device is equipped with a laser rangefinder, a weather station, a digital compass and an inclinometer. Special software that works on different platforms (OS Windows, Android, iOS) is used for device parameterization. The device is installed on the day sight in such a way that the display of ballistic calculator is in sight of the operator. It allows to conveniently read corrections data and other measured parameters.

THEIS

Any idea about price or operational status?

Hello,
Yes and No.
We are manufacturing it in the U.S. and have changed a few key features of Nelsons original design with his assistance.
I am working with Nelson at Status for me to make the first batch of receiver bodies in the U.S. and him make the bolt. After that first batch is completed then I will acquire complete ownership rights to the entire design. In which the entire receiver and bolt will be made in the U.S. by me.

THEIS

Last edited:
Hello,
Taking a few to the fields outside Kyiv today for operational testing. Messed with them yesterday at range and they were great.
Price I am working on today too.

THEIS
Cool, please keep us posted on this development. You are far away from home:)

Cool, please keep us posted on this development. You are far away from home:)

Hello,
For sure but home is wherever you have rifles and ammunition lol.
We tried to get demo on the Snipex rifles but they would not let us.

Edited to Add:
So we spent the day in the "wild" with not only the BCA1 but the entire product line of Thermal imaging products to include scopes, binos, monos.
The thermal scopes have the BCA built into them which is NICE :)

Field impression of the BCA1:
It has some work that needs to be done BUT for it being their Gen1 item it is pretty good. No price for the Gen1 because they are in testing and eval of Gen2 already. So I will skip the details of the BCA1 and go to the BCA2.

BCA2 version:
Rangefinder: 4000m
Ballistic Engine: Modified Point Mass program but has a few "tweeks" that I really liked. It allows you to upload any projectile mfgs radar data.
It allows you to utilize decaying BC in G1 or G7 configurations.
It allows you to configure your own user defined drag function aka custom drag.
It "remembers" environmental conditions in which you set your "zero" and performs environmental adjustments to your zero automatically based on what environmental conditions it reads.
It reads all environmental conditions (Density altitude, temperature, heading, inclination, etc) except the wind...
Units: Mil, MOA, CM/100m, IN/100yd

When I get back stateside in 2 weeks I am going to submit import application to get the BCA2 and the TGX-8/75 Thermal Imaging Bino w/LRF into me so I can conduct some severe and detailed testing. If my T&E goes well then I will bring these products to the U.S. market :)

20171010_142547 (002).jpg

20171010_142436 (002).jpg

THEIS

Last edited:
Hello,
I would have to call or go visit WTO to see if he would make a supersized Switchlug for us :)

THEIS

I spoke with them a couple months back, they are too busy to make a switchlug for the larger actions. I was thinking of making my 30" .375 Snipetac into a switch barrel and adding something based off the HUbbel Express case. I happen to have an extra 38" barrel sitting in my safe. Lucky for me the gunsmith/builder I use from time to time is good friends with WTO and has received permission to build me an upscale version of the switchlug. This project may get kicked off after hunting season.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.