Where to buy old big game mounts?

That's quiet the list how many animals are you looking for?
Maybe one. Gives me more options to look around. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it and gonna be a while. Need to look into state reg and ask directly before committing to buy one.

In CA, a cougar mount needs proof it was made on june 6, 1990 or older. There is permit application process and needs to be inspected by a department staff.

1650663321934.png

Over 500 items. Here is a link to the auction. Quite the selection.

Here's another auction that starts in 16 hours:
Over 500 Taxidermy and Collectibles offered April 23, 2022 9:00am Central. Looking forward to seeing you at inspection Thursday April 21st and Friday April 22nd from 11:00am until 6:00pm at 517 West Highway 199 Springtown, Texas 76082 Please note the live auction starts at 9:00am Saturday April 23rd 2022. Please read terms

I went to a flea market a couple of years ago with my wife and came across a vendor with a fairly large number of mounts. One was a beautiful sable that I really wanted. Too rich for my blood, but they are out there. I also had a friend (recently passed) that had a huge collection of African game mounts. His estate sold off all of the mounts. It was worthy of a museum. Everything from elephant to full mount lions to a 17' crock. He stated his taxidermy fees were over $300k in his hunting career. I wish I knew what the estate got for his collection.

I know a guy that just sold his collection, same deal. Worthy of a museum. It filled a 2000 sqrft basement and guest house. He got 30k with two rifles. Full mount lions, leopards, buffalo's, you don't get even close to what's invested in it.

Jackalope would be nice but haven't got one worth mounting yet

Jackalope would be nice but haven't got one worth mounting yet
Caught this pair playing around in the sagebrush while antelope hunting Wyoming years ago. This is what happens when you get distracted by the other sex.

Attachments

• IMG_20220423_091135.jpg
    IMG_20220423_091135.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 93

Recent Posts