Where to buy old big game mounts?

theodoreh

Hi, Is there a recommendation where to buy/look for mounts? Looking around for elk, mule deer, antelope, mt goat, bighorn sheep, cougar, bobcat…

eBay? I have looked at a lot of them on there. We actually bought a Buffalo for our office from a seller on there and it looks good.

Hi, Is there a recommendation where to buy/look for mounts? Looking around for elk, mule deer, antelope, mt goat, bighorn sheep, cougar, bobcat…
I have a two headed goose mount , but not for sale.
Also have a possum with mouth full of brush . Oh ,
And an eagle made out of an old Hudson sprayer.
3DAA1A4C-3612-4DCE-B23C-FFA6B31C29C0.jpeg
4DBB4923-1E95-4F1F-9910-8A1AE38A455E.jpeg
7D93A920-A129-4402-A2C8-9263025E8A61.jpeg

Last edited:
Been several of those showing up on Craigslist in SE idaho(idaho falls) lately..
And the there's a delivery business that delivers game heads allover....pick up at point A making deliveries on way to point B......a taxidermist buddy uses their services....less expensive than box/crate then ship.......way less expensive....

There was a place listed Craigs list Kalispell,recently had a lot of nice mounts, many different animals.Was a large Cape buffalo on there for $700,zebra rug elk and deer common for my area

I went to a flea market a couple of years ago with my wife and came across a vendor with a fairly large number of mounts. One was a beautiful sable that I really wanted. Too rich for my blood, but they are out there. I also had a friend (recently passed) that had a huge collection of African game mounts. His estate sold off all of the mounts. It was worthy of a museum. Everything from elephant to full mount lions to a 17' crock. He stated his taxidermy fees were over $300k in his hunting career. I wish I knew what the estate got for his collection.

Recent Posts