What's your favorite hunting bow?

Schafer Silvertip.
They are very well made bows. I had one with two different poundage limbs. I used the lighter limbs for warming up early in the spring, then would change to the 69 pound limbs about a month before season.
I'd like to have that bow back again. It was a dandy

Hey Mtpockets,
I killed my first bull Elk (dandy 5x5) with an old (new at that time) proline point blank bow!
First big game bow kill, every bow kill since has been with longbow or recurves.

Hoyt DoubleXL for us normal orangutans. 70lb 32" 310 FPS. Power stroke is smooth and very quiet bow. Shooting BE Rampage pro with ol reliable fixed 100 gr Thunderhead which I have shot since offered in 80s.

I was one of those guys that bought a new Hoyt every two - three years. I have owned several, but when looking back, I don't really believe the technology has really progressed much over the last 10 or so years. I think they have gotten lighter and have less vibrations but other than that, there is not much better at killing or such.

Looking back, I really liked the hoyt ultratec. That was a break through bow that was very forgiving. I let two guys who were new to archery, use that bow and they turned into really great archers. I did like my spyder 34, that was a great bow and now I have been shooting a hyper force. It is okay, but I am thinking of breaking ranks for that new Mathews. I never thought I would jump ship, but wow. But in the end, it is all about the indian and not the bow.

Recurve and long bows that I built back when I owned and operated Stotler Archery.
Also the ocational primitive bow that I built.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    959.5 KB · Views: 134
I would like to be able to hunt with an old Jennings Arrow Star or an old Bear Alaskan.

Anybody remember those?

Smooth, quiet and easy to shoot. I would need a little camouflage wagon to carry them around though.
i have a jennings arrowstar in the closet. David

Recent Posts