What's your favorite hunting bow?

Schafer Silvertip.

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 328
I've been through a dozen or better bows in the last 3 or 4 years, and shot every single new bow that's been on the market each of the last 4 years. (yes, I do have a problem...my wife reminds me of that frequently) Each bow has had their own great qualities and faults...for me anyways. The one bow I always come back to and have killed more animals with is a 2013 Hoyt Charger, the one with machined limb pockets...not the more recent polymer limb pocket model. It's been the easiest bow to tune with fixed blade broadheads and dead reliable. I've tried to replace it with much more expensive bows, but I've given up that battle this year and I'm just shooting the Charger until it dies...if that's possible.

Redhaven85 have you shot any of Elite's bows? If you have which ones ? What did you like / dislike? My all time favorite bow that I shot till it's limbs splintered was a Mathews Q2xl would still be shooting it but the replacement limbs Mathews provided were not even comparable. Unfortunately that was the last Mathews I will own.

Gusd I've shot almost all the Elite bows since the GT500. They are great shooting bows and probably my favorite grip. I still own an Energy 35 and Spirit, but will likely be selling them soon. The E35 is smooth and holds on target well, probably the best of most bows ive shot, but it is a pain to tune for fixed blades. All Elites are. Shimming cams and limbs is not easy, and very rarely have I seen one that the cam tracks straight. If you shoot mechanicals, this is not a problem.

I prefer fixed blades, so I shoot something that I can twist a yoke and get my broadheads and field points hitting the same POI. Just a personal preference.