What is your go to bow?

Congratulations!

Mind if I ask about your DL & the DW with your self bow? Did you achieve full penetration on this deer?
The bows draws 51# at 30" and has a mild reflex. I shoot a 650 grain arrow and virtually always get a pass through. That being said, I never shoot past 25 yards with it. I used a Black Eagle Zombie Slayer with a 100 grain insert and a 200 grain Grizzlystik Silverflame broadhead which is surgically sharp. This particular bow shoots about 175fps with these arrows. The yew backing really adds some snap to it. I previously used an osage self-bow with rawhide backing (sold it) and it only shot about 165fps with lighter bamboo shafts and stone points. I killed quite a few deer with it though. I am currently working on one that layered bamboo, yew, hickory with a rawhide backing, provided I can get it all to stay adhered. It came apart on me once already using 2 part epoxy.

This pic is from last year with the same set up.
20220930_205923.jpg

The bows draws 51# at 30" and has a mild reflex. I shoot a 650 grain arrow and virtually always get a pass through. That being said, I never shoot past 25 yards with it. I used a Black Eagle Zombie Slayer with a 100 grain insert and a 200 grain Grizzlystik Silverflame broadhead which is surgically sharp. This particular bow shoots about 175fps with these arrows. The yew backing really adds some snap to it. I previously used an osage self-bow with rawhide backing (sold it) and it only shot about 165fps with lighter bamboo shafts and stone points. I killed quite a few deer with it though. I am currently working on one that layered bamboo, yew, hickory with a rawhide backing, provided I can get it all to stay adhered. It came apart on me once already using 2 part epoxy.

This pic is from last year with the same set up.View attachment 606294
Yep, that ruined his day!