What is your go to bow?

I love my Martin Jaguar Recurve!! I picked it up on Amazon one day when I saw it insanely priced for $138 and figured it'd be a good play bow to tinker with. Instead I actually love how it shoots and of all my compounds and traditional bows it's my go to bow for when I hit the woods now.
7B067030-88EE-41DD-AB20-ABF4C751A225.jpeg

Last edited:
I love my Martin Jaguar Recurve!! I picked it up on Amazon one day when I saw it insanely priced for $138 and figured it'd be a good play bow to tinker with. Instead I actually love how it shoots and of all my compounds and traditional bows it's my go to bow for when I hit the woods now. View attachment 466180
I wonder how well one would work for bow fishing ?

I had a Mathews "Outback" quite a few years ago. Shot several deer and 1/2 dozen Turkeys with it. Then having several shoulder operations decided to sell the entire package I put together. Basically gave the Outback away and then bought a Horton CrossBow for Jill. That bow with a scope was hitting a silver dollar size target at 60 yrds.
Going to sell the Horton now because Jill lost interest and I only want to shoot ELR.
Still have many good memories hunting with that Outback!
I have a Recurve in a case with aluminum arrows/broadheads in our shop. It is pretty old and was a gift from my brother in law. I guess I should do some research on it.

Still shooting my Matthews Helium after all these years. I have a 35 yard target in my back yard.
Picked up a wooden recurve two weeks ago, 68"/45# and am playing with that. Forty years ago, on my grandpa's recurve, I used to pull and hold as an exercise. Er, well, I need to work on that now ....

I've got two bows today. Mathew's Z7 and an Obsession Evolution. Like them both, the Z7 sure shoots great. Bought the Evolution when I was chasing speed. Draw cycle is easier on the Z7 and that's the bow I shoot these days. Both bows are 28/70. I'm 65 now and the dang bows are getting harder to pull, thinking of going to 60# for next year.

Never a problem with my 2005 Mathews Switchback, I see no reason to use or purchase anything else. It's a 28"/70 like BSPPC post #120, I may have to drop to a 60# myself. 66 y/o and shoulder surgery make those 30 degree mornings a little difficult.

Mathews Triax shooter here. I still have an old MQ32 that I haven't let go of. Had a few Hoyts and a couple Mathews.

I am starting to look at something in the 60 or 65 max range because my shoulder has started given me some issues. Also the fact that the newer bows are getting lighter is nice, for spot and stock in the open country.

Recent Posts