Whats the worse most dangerous hunt you ever went on ?

Wonders why game wardens aren't liked........... He could have at least dried and oiled your gun.. What a *****
There are both good and bad LEOs everywhere~! I was driving my 250 dually in St. George, Georgia and got stopped for speeding by a rank toothed county mountie. My friends complain that I drive like an old granny so I'm sure I wasn't speeding. I did have Florida tags on my truck though. He told me to get out of the truck, and the first thing he asked was did I have any guns. His hand was on his holstered gun when he asked. I said 'yes', he asked where, and I told him they were on the floor of the passenger back seat. I had new in the box 6" stainless Python, a Nazi marked Hi Power (both in a closed brief case), and a model 39-A Marlin. He confiscated them claiming that the law required them to be locked in the trunk. A trunk in a pick-up~???
He told me that to get them back I'd have to go to the local magistrate's court which was held once a week. I drove all the way back to Georgia to go to court, and the magistrate, not a judge, asked me if I had a "permit to carry". I told him no, and he told me to get out of his court and stop wasting his time.
I don't know what that lesson taught me if anything, but I sure don't like Georgia any more~!!!!

There are both good and bad LEOs everywhere~! I was driving my 250 dually in St. George, Georgia and got stopped for speeding by a rank toothed county mountie. My friends complain that I drive like an old granny so I'm sure I wasn't speeding. I did have Florida tags on my truck though. He told me to get out of the truck, and the first thing he asked was did I have any guns. His hand was on his holstered gun when he asked. I said 'yes', he asked where, and I told him they were on the floor of the passenger back seat. I had new in the box 6" stainless Python, a Nazi marked Hi Power (both in a closed brief case), and a model 39-A Marlin. He confiscated them claiming that the law required them to be locked in the trunk. A trunk in a pick-up~???
He told me that to get them back I'd have to go to the local magistrate's court which was held once a week. I drove all the way back to Georgia to go to court, and the magistrate, not a judge, asked me if I had a "permit to carry". I told him no, and he told me to get out of his court and stop wasting his time.
I don't know what that lesson taught me if anything, but I sure don't like Georgia any more~!!!!
Did you get your guns back?

The supposedly easy short hog hunt 10 miles from my house. I had to hang a Loc On stand and in the process fell. Landed on the exposed roots of the tree and exploded 4 vertebrae. No one knew where I was. The pain was bad. I could only get short breaths. I knew my back was broken. I heard and felt the break. I knew pain would be much worse when the adrenaline wore off and I had symptoms of internal bleeding. I had to move so I made the choice. My legs would not work. So I elbow crawled to my Atv and pulled myself up onto it. Called Dad and told him "my back is broken, get an ambulance to so and so. Then laid my chest on the fuel tank, pulled it in gear with my hand, and putted 2 miles out of the swamp. Then fell off onto the edge of the highway and waited on the ambulance.
6 operations and 3.5 years later I could stand back up straight and walk. I am fused from S2 to T8 with all sorts of titanium and stainless hardware and also c6-c7 is fused with hardware as well. I'm basically a human lightning rod. But I'm very, very lucky. Things could have been a lot worse. I landed right between two 18" tall cypress knees.
I had had a harness on. But I had to unhook briefly in order to leave a limb for concealment and that short instant was all it took.
Probably not the type of dangerous hunt you were looking for but my point is they can all be dangerous. Especially when you're young, fearless, and stupid like I was.

I had a couple of bad hunts. One time while hunting deer on Mapleton Mountain in Utah, there was a group of three armed guys that tried to steal my deer I was dragging. Looking at the business end of my old Remington .30/06, they decided to go somewhere else in a hurry. My deer tag was clearly seen on the buck's antlers.

Another time when I was groundhog hunting, I fell over a cliff at an old rock quarry and got really busted up. I crawled to my vehicle and made it home and was taken to the hospital.

A couple of years ago I was busted up in another fall while hunting and received some injuries that will slow me down for the rest of my life. Hunting rough areas is dangerous. I still hunt there but will use more caution.
Most hikers in the mountains stay on the trails. Hunters by contrast are bushwhackers by nature. Stepping off the trail is a dangerous step. Bad footing is always a danger. Steep country accentuates the consequences of that and adds the danger of stepping through brush that covers a cliff. And a hunter is trying to hunt, so has an additional distractive focus over the common bushwhacker.

Bushwhacking down the side of a steep ridge in the mountains offers another opportunity - you drop down a ways and find a cliff. Your choice is to rope down your pack and climb down after it or climb back up to where you started. Not everyone can rock climb. No one wants to climb back up. And rock climbing down is a whole different game than rock climbing up. There may be no clean route down. Easy to get in over your head. And - I can't do now what I could when I was young. A topo map can help you to avoid this situation. For most of us, it's likely best to bite the bullet and climb back up the ridge.

And if you ever have to shoot to warn another shooter that you're in his line of fire, be sure to do it from good solid cover.

The supposedly easy short hog hunt 10 miles from my house. I had to hang a Loc On stand and in the process fell. Landed on the exposed roots of the tree and exploded 4 vertebrae. No one knew where I was. The pain was bad. I could only get short breaths. I knew my back was broken. I heard and felt the break. I knew pain would be much worse when the adrenaline wore off and I had symptoms of internal bleeding. I had to move so I made the choice. My legs would not work. So I elbow crawled to my Atv and pulled myself up onto it. Called Dad and told him "my back is broken, get an ambulance to so and so. Then laid my chest on the fuel tank, pulled it in gear with my hand, and putted 2 miles out of the swamp. Then fell off onto the edge of the highway and waited on the ambulance.
6 operations and 3.5 years later I could stand back up straight and walk. I am fused from S2 to T8 with all sorts of titanium and stainless hardware and also c6-c7 is fused with hardware as well. I'm basically a human lightning rod. But I'm very, very lucky. Things could have been a lot worse. I landed right between two 18" tall cypress knees.
I had had a harness on. But I had to unhook briefly in order to leave a limb for concealment and that short instant was all it took.
Probably not the type of dangerous hunt you were looking for but my point is they can all be dangerous. Especially when you're young, fearless, and stupid like I was.
Things change quickly. I think most of us tend to think “nah I got this. I’ll be good” right up until the moment we are in fact not good anymore. Glad you survived that one.

I was hunting Elk and was about a half mile from the truck when something jumped up in a thicket below me there was heavy frost on the grass and I turned quick to see what it was and went head first over a 12 foot ledge as me feet slipped on the frost. I slammed into a large rock with my left shoulder. It sounded like I broke every bone in my shoulder. I was thinking that if I moved sharp bones would slice a artery so I didn't move for several minutes. My son was with me but he had went the other direction so he was more than a half mile from me and some one was running a chain saw making too much noise for anyone to hear me so I finally got to my feet and started walking back to the truck. My arm was completely numb and I started getting light headed and feeling sick so I sat on a rock for awhile till my head cleared, then walked back to the truck and got there when my son did and he drove me to the hospital. Completely separated my left shoulder.

Things change quickly. I think most of us tend to think “nah I got this. I’ll be good” right up until the moment we are in fact not good anymore. Glad you survived that one.
Thank you Sir. I was lucky on many counts. I have a good wife who is also a registered nurse. She stuck by me though it all. My son was 2 at the time. I got to raise him and see him grow up. Your priorities after something like this definitely change.