257 weatherby AI?

You should be able to send them at a blistering speed.!
My dad does the same with 100gr TTSX, and I can assure you the results are impressive.
On his 350yd long field, he and the Grandkids have always done exactly as you said. Aim and fire, and watch the flop
That 100g TTSX is dynamite in my Accumark using factory Weatherby rounds. It’s all I could get to start with, but now I have loaded 110g Accubonds as well and they are fantastic at 400+yards on our Fallow deer. So glad I picked up this rifle off a client, he couldn’t get it to shoot…

To the OP, I have seen 2 Weatherby cartridges AI’d and the results were no improvement to speak of, the 257 and 270 were done by a fellow gunsmith, he also did the STW in 25, 26 & 270 with mixed results. In all cases a small improvement to velocity was reached but the cases no longer had the neck length and suffered premature head separation.

Cheers.

That 100g TTSX is dynamite in my Accumark using factory Weatherby rounds. It’s all I could get to start with, but now I have loaded 110g Accubonds as well and they are fantastic at 400+yards on our Fallow deer. So glad I picked up this rifle off a client, he couldn’t get it to shoot…

To the OP, I have seen 2 Weatherby cartridges AI’d and the results were no improvement to speak of, the 257 and 270 were done by a fellow gunsmith, he also did the STW in 25, 26 & 270 with mixed results. In all cases a small improvement to velocity was reached but the cases no longer had the neck length and suffered premature head separation.

Cheers.
Good info right there. Thank you

257 Bob improved is the best
Depending on the source, .257 WBY has 84 H2O capacity, while.257 Roberts has 53 H2O. The OP is trying to maximize his MPBR.

I actually bought the rifle in the link you posted on my thread about the flattest shooting deer cartridge. Thank you for that link by the way. It’s a factory Weatherby mark V Apex, so I’m fairly certain it is a 1-10 twist. Planning to run the 92g Hammers as fast as possible for MPB shooting. This rifle is mainly for my dad who doesn’t want to turn dials, just point and shoot.