What is THE Ultimate 30cal Cartridge for ELR/Reloading?

I’ve had the thought for a while…once I’m at a more financially comfortable place in life a cost effective rifle option would be to take the savage 112 magnum target (it’s a single shot bolt action .338 lapua) and re barrel it.

A .30xc (33 or 37 xc necked down) is what I’m thinking with a 30-32 inch pipe. It’s got the right bolt face, and it’s already a single shot so being longer doesn’t matter.

Very similar to Allen’s .300 Raptor or Jeff’s (Broz) .300 high country magnum you can read about on longrangeonly. Anything bigger truly starts losing, Kirby Allen played with a .30-408 cheytac back in the day, didn’t work so well.

Peterson makes brass is the difference now. Dies shouldnt be too complicated. Heck you could even run it through a .30-338 lapua die and then a .33 xc die with no expander ball to fully resize the base after firings if need be, no full custom dies required.

Capacity at least on par with the .30-378 with much tougher brass.

To me this is the ultimate practically feasible .30 cal, and I want one someday and even have a plan haha.

If you could get any powder, primer, brass, bullet, dies, etc. etc. etc....... including action, barrels..... blah blah blah.
Who cares about factory cartridges or easy to find. This is about ELR/Reloading.

What is The Ultimate 30cal Cartridge for ELR and reloading?
A .300 Savage. Just hold over a lot! 😎

If you could get any powder, primer, brass, bullet, dies, etc. etc. etc....... including action, barrels..... blah blah blah.
Who cares about factory cartridges or easy to find. This is about ELR/Reloading.

Well since you have limited it to 30 cal only, I would have to go with the 300 Win Mag. Been around for years with a big variety of bullets available from all manufacturers and powder loads from all of the powder manufacturers. Back in the 70's I was shooting a 300 H&H Mag out to 1000 that worked quite well but it was replaced by the 300 WM. I know a lot of you have your pet rounds with your secret recipes.

As far as action goes, there is not a lot of choices there, the Bolt Action reigns supreme so I'm not even going to comment much about it. The Military M-14 was excellent to 600 - 800 yards but had a tendency to key hole at 1000. Not the greatest for extreme accuracy.

Barrels, well there is another conundrum, there are a lot of good barrel makers out there, find one that you feel is the best and stick with them. Personally I liked Obermeyer Rifled Barrels http://www.obermeyerbarrels.com/ 262-843-3537. Boots made fantastically accurate barrels. The on I put on my Model 70 way back when is still shooting less than MOA after an unknown thousands rounds through it.

To each their own, and now you have my humble opinion to try to trample into the ground, like many of you will

Now this will be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

The highest B.C. (mono) bullet stuffed into the highest case capacity cartridge, and launched as fast as possible.

All depends on how much work you want to do, how long of a barrel you want to hump around, and how often you want to replace that barrel.

I like the way you think though.