What constitutes “inherently accurate “?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rant is not about the cartridge. It's about how idiots are going to read that article, then proudly proclaim it to be something it's not, and more magical rumors will get started.
You need to reread that without the tinfoil hat this time!! I can shoot groups with my 308 at a mile with no issue but it's about the right bullet and load to get it done.
No one is under any impression the Creed is the next elr hot round BUT it is fun to see what a new bullet or other components can let us stretch out to and it can sure be interesting some time!

My rant is not about the cartridge. It's about how idiots are going to read that article, then proudly proclaim it to be something it's not, and more magical rumors will get started.
You do realize that in time it'll be something else that the impressionable and uniformed like and no matter how much you rant about it, it won't change it lol

Mudrunner,
Them's strong words. I may be crazy but I'm not an idiot.

Eric B.
I know you're not. You also know to take articles like that with a grain of salt. I've seen your posts. You're very knowledgeable. I'm mainly referencing the newbs and those who truly don't know any better.

You need to reread that without the tinfoil hat this time!! I can shoot groups with my 308 at a mile with no issue but it's about the right bullet and load to get it done.
No one is under any impression the Creed is the next elr hot round BUT it is fun to see what a new bullet or other components can let us stretch out to and it can sure be interesting some time!
You're not going to get an argument from me on this one. We're in total agreement. But at the same time, we're both experienced enough to quantify our results and data and decide whether or not it's truly a viable option. Some folks don't know, and only rely or trust what the manufacturer tells them is so. And articles like that can be misleading to those newbies and those who are uninformed, or Billy Joe Bob from the tailer park with an IQ of room temperature. It happens with lots of things, not just guns and cartridges. And sadly, most marketing preys on that. Marketing no longer tells you what it WILL actually do, it tells you what it CAN do to fluff up numbers, and boost sales. Sort of like a used car salesman with that "little old lady only drove it to church on Sundays" line to sell a ragged-out *** car to an unsuspecting buyer.

Last edited:
Lead by example?
Sure, why not... But I'm not saying anything wrong. Just different than what yall believe. No reason to harass and censor someone just because something goes against your personal beliefs/opinions... Then you're no better than the liberals and democrats that want to silence all free speech, unless it aligns with their beliefs. And take all the guns away, except from them, and their armed guards. ;)

Sure, why not... But I'm not saying anything wrong. Just different than what yall believe. No reason to harass and censor someone just because something goes against your personal beliefs/opinions... Then you're no better than the liberals and democrats that want to silence all free speech, unless it aligns with their beliefs. And take all the guns away, except from them, and their armed guards. ;)
You clearly insulted Eric b.

Marketing no longer tells you what it WILL actually do, it tells you what it CAN do to fluff up numbers, and boost sales.

This isn't anything new, it's literally the basis of all marketing. The goal is present your product/skill as superior to everything else on the market. If a copywriter pitched an idea that revolved around how spectacularly adequate a product was, they'd get thrown out of the office. The entire purpose of marketing is to boost sales!

This isn't anything new, it's literally the basis of all marketing. The goal is present your product/skill as superior to everything else on the market. If a copywriter pitched an idea that revolved around how spectacularly adequate a product was, they'd get thrown out of the office. The entire purpose of marketing is to boost sales!
I get it, it just seems that some of the claims have gotten so far pushed, that it borders on purposeful disinformation. Like when Hornady compared it ballistically to a .300WM. It might shoot as FLAT as one, or might produce similar drift numbers, but each of those is not the only factor in ballistics.

I get it, it just seems that some of the claims have gotten so far pushed, that it borders on purposeful disinformation. Like when Hornady compared it ballistically to a .300WM. It might shoot as FLAT as one, or might produce similar drift numbers, but each of those is not the only factor in ballistics.

They didn't lie and they didn't misrepresent any data. Those are both factual points worth throwing out there. While they're not the only factors in overall performance, drop and drift are pretty much the only aspects of external ballistics which shooters need to be concerned with.

Why do folks spend so much time and money chasing bullets with higher BCs? It's to minimize drop and drift. Why is BlackJack Bullets doing well with their 131gr bullet which so many people are just fawning all over? Because it produces less drift and less drop than other bullets available for the .25 bore. There have been other bullets out there (customs) which offered the same performance, but BlackJack marketed their product more aggressively by highlighting the reduced drop and drift attributed to their design. I don't see you pushing back against BlackJack's marketing strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.