Trying to outshoot 7.62 X 39 with .223

I'd put a borescope down the barrel before I started claiming that. I've seen plenty of patches come out clean only to go in with a borescope to see that there's still copper.

The patch came out with no blue whatsoever, that's the first time I have ever seen that !

The patch came out with no blue whatsoever, that's the first time I have ever seen that !
Yeah I have plenty come out clean as a whistle pure white. Then run a borescope down and there is still copper that needs aggressively brushed. If you've never had a patch come out of a barrel without blue in it then you've never gotten your guns clean.

Yeah I have plenty come out clean as a whistle pure white. Then run a borescope down and there is still copper that needs aggressively brushed. If you've never had a patch come out of a barrel without blue in it then you've never gotten your guns clean.

I know someone with a led sled. I will see if I get it on loan and see if that makes much difference. If it does, then there is no reason why I should not get one hole groups with a WK181.

Well, this has been an interesting thread.........

I'm curious, how many times did your WK181 shoot 1/2MOA groups with mil surplus bullets?A single three shot group proves nothing and is statistically irrelevant and may be attributed to chance, so unless you can repeat that 1/2MOA multiple times and not cherry picked, you are fooling yourself.

Last edited:
Well, this has been an interesting thread.........

I'm curious, how many times did your WK181 shoot 1/2MOA groups with mil surplus bullets? A single three shot group proves nothing and is statistically irrelevant and may be attributed to chance, so unless you can repeat that 1/2MOA multiple times and not cherry picked, you are fooling yourself.

I have shot tiny groups many times with my original 181. That said I mainly shot groups of 10 shots or more, 20 shot 2 inch groups on a swinging gong are normal.

The group I took a photo of was a four shot group on a brand new gong with a brand new rifle, I was overjoyed that I had two rifles that were incredibly accurate, that's the reason I took the photo.

I know I'm not fooling myself, but I find the suggestion that I might be very funny, thanks for making my day. 🤣 🤣

I have shot tiny groups many times with my original 181. That said I mainly shot groups of 10 shots or more, 20 shot 2 inch groups on a swinging gong are normal.

The group I took a photo of was a four shot group on a brand new gong with a brand new rifle, I was overjoyed that I had two rifles that were incredibly accurate, that's the reason I took the photo.

I know I'm not fooling myself, but I find the suggestion that I might be very funny, thanks for making my day. 🤣 🤣
So, you admit a larger sample group is more inline with 2MOA than 1/2MOA.

Understand, you are the same person who asked if shoulder fired rifle rounds were going into space, and since that was such a ridiculous question implying extreme lack of knowledge, many find your current statements rather suspect.

Many people here are high precision shooters with decades of experience and knowledge, and as such, several find your claims rather dubious at best.

I'm almost ashamed to say that I read through this thread but I did.
5 pages in I'm in the same boat. All I can think is........
Trolls World Tour GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

So, you admit a larger sample group is more inline with 2MOA than 1/2MOA.

Understand, you are the same person who asked if shoulder fired rifle rounds were going into space, and since that was such a ridiculous question implying extreme lack of knowledge, many find your current statements rather suspect.

Many people here are high precision shooters with decades of experience and knowledge, and as such, several find your claims rather dubious at best.
How you can claim to be a master shooter when you can't even see to read my posts properly is amazing. You are indeed a very funny man. :)

Recent Posts