Truck Gun’s

ruger 77/17 hmr and American Ranch gen2 in 22 ARC.

I like what you built on the right side, but how do like the hooks?

IMG_1199.jpeg

Truck guns have apparently evolved.
Mine has always been some rough looking piece of poo that still went bang.

You guys have upped the ante!!!
Nice guns are nice to keep nice, but truck guns are also nice guns to use as a tool. At the end of the day, a gun is a tool, just like on your work bench. But yeah i got that piece of poo gun thats designated for the ride as well usually. I have my back seats raised all the time so my gun's barrel is resting on the center counsel and the rest of the gun is in the back.

No no. I said TRIpod, not bipod. How do you like your tripod? Make and model?
Sorry, read right over that to quick…

It is the new Fatboy Elevate 2 leg with their newer Levitate level head. Literally just got it two days ago. So far testing on the deck has shown it's definitely gonna be nice. Hopefully get a chance this weekend to take it out but we have been inundated with fires and alot of ground is closed right now.

Sorry, read right over that to quick…

It is the new Fatboy Elevate 2 leg with their newer Levitate level head. Literally just got it two days ago. So far testing on the deck has shown it's definitely gonna be nice. Hopefully get a chance this weekend to take it out but we have been inundated with fires and alot of ground is closed right now.
Gotcha, sorry to hear about all the fires. Hopefully those can get extinguished as soon as possible.

Truck guns have apparently evolved.
Mine has always been some rough looking piece of poo that still went bang.

You guys have upped the ante!!!
Agreed! This thread has been very eye opening. I understand that where I'm from
In Canada we can't have quite the same rifles and handguns, but nonetheless being from a rural part of the world I thought I still knew what a truck gun was!!!🤣.

Around here for the farmers and other outdoor working types it's still a ton of Winchester 94/marlin 336 30-30s (and an honorable mention to the Remington 760/7600 pump guns mainly in .308 and .30-06, there's a heck of a lot more of these rifles around here than a person might suspect) shorter shotguns (often the handy little break action single shot 12 guages that are still very practical guns which take up little space and can take a beating for a lot of farm/ranch related things), and the ubiquitous .22 long rifles, old Cooey bolt guns and ruger 10/22s more than anything. I do notice a number of farmers around here have been bringing the neutered Canadian versions of AR type rifles (pinned to 5 rounds) as truck and especially "tractor" guns - as we have hogs and criminals here too as with the rest of the continent and these rifles are great for both 🤣