To buy, or to build a 7 PRC?

I did a barrel swap earlier this year on one of my model 70 push feed. From a 300Wm to a 7PRC, like was mentioned have a competent gunsmith true everything bed everything. I went with a 24" 8twt. # 3 contour.
Or if money no concern go full custom.
Hope this helps.

He probably wanted the most current and direct opinions shared, specific to his question.
I don't blame him there.
OP asked,
Any of you have experience with the Seekins PH2?
Is May 2024 not current enough? What specific question?

@cowboyarcher, if you have a specific question about Seekins PH2, create another post for it, i.e.,

Title: "Seekins PH2 owners in 7 PRC, please share your experience" or something like that, if that is what you want. It should yield precisely the information you are seeking. At least, I hope so. Good luck!

Hi all,

I've got a Bergara Wilderness Ridge in a Greyboe Trekker in 300 Win and really want to swap to a 7mm PRC. I'd like a slightly lighter rig (this one is a bit front heavy) and would welcome a little less recoil and a flatter trajectory.

So the question is whether or not I should sell the 300 Win and start fresh with a factory build PRC, or if I should have someone rebarrel the Bergara? I like the action and Greyboe well enough, but I'm not opposed to starting over.

Any thoughts?
Check out Youtube, They have several tests on the Seekins, also look at the Browning X-Bolt II, Bergara Crest. All are very accurate, half the price of a custom. On the less expensive side look closely at the CVA Cascade XT.

So did you have anything to add about the op's question… or did you just get triggered because you haven't seen a search feature?? Asking for us non-triggered users.
Check out Youtube, They have several tests on the Seekins, also look at the Browning X-Bolt II, Bergara Crest. All are very accurate, half the price of a custom. On the less expensive side look closely at the CVA Cascade XT.

I thought he could ask? Wouldn't using the search feature and going to YouTube accomplish the same thing… just curious why you felt the need to tell another member to F off when you basically offered the same advice?

F off, This is a forum, He can ask anything he wants. If you can't be helpful go back under your troll bridge!
Woo there bud you need to rachett it down a bit. You can disagree but no need to be personally attacking anyone like that. Beyond that It's a FACT many people forget about using a search function or are just too lazy and want to be spoonfed. No problem with them asking just as there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone saying hey try the search function and there is litterally pages of info that might be more helpful than any single answer.

Great tips, thanks!

I did a barrel swap earlier this year on one of my model 70 push feed. From a 300Wm to a 7PRC, like was mentioned have a competent gunsmith true everything bed everything. I went with a 24" 8twt. # 3 contour.
Or if money no concern go full custom.
Hope this helps.
How do you like the #3 contour? I was looking at something similar to save some coin over a CF barrel.

Recent Posts