Filling in for momma squirrel

Gary in MD

Just helping a little feller out

IMG_1363.jpeg
IMG_1633.jpeg

You now his momma n he is gonna wear you out !!😅
LOL, Yes she would if she was around.
Just for the record, this little guy was found by my wife's sister's beagle and brought up to the house. No telling where the beagle found him. I doubt if he would have fared well if he was just taken back down to the woods and left. He is eating well and getting fat, hopefully able to send him back to the woods at some point.

Cute. What happens when the critter grows up, does not know how to feed itself, avoid the pretty raccoons, cats, dogs, hawks, Jays, and needs to hide in your home every winter when the snow comes down?
We will call animal control, let them worry about it.

Well what you say about not learning about squirrel life, is true, But, like all animals, squirrels are born with instincts. I think that once the little squirrel grows up and is turned back out into the wild, it will learn the non instinctive things from other squirrels in the area. The other issue is animal control, who is probably less equipped to take care of a tiny squirrel probably would have just euthanized it and been done with it. After all, what is one less squirrel in the world? Gary in MD, I think that you are doing is great. Personally I am, to put it in modern day politics, "PRO CHOICE," so Gary, you made your choice and I will back you 100%

Cute. What happens when the critter grows up, does not know how to feed itself, avoid the pretty raccoons, cats, dogs, hawks, Jays, and needs to hide in your home every winter when the snow comes down?
We will call animal control, let them worry about it.
Hope you're doing OK with the Line Fire. It's near my dad's house and burning areas I've hunted and been in since a kid.

At age 13 I raised 16 of them at one time from land clearing of tree's when they were old enough, I let them go and they survived very well as I would go in my back yard and sit, they would come down from the tree's and run all around me and even on me. They were fat and healthy and soon their children followed. Wouldn't change nothing keep up the good work.

My neighbor has one found about the same age as yours. He raised it and its an adult now, lives in the basement in a cage it can come and go as it please. Spending its days in the trees in their yard and comes back to the cage and it's bed every evening. We have the same predators as everyone else. I'm sure at some point its going to go the big acorn in the sky.

Recent Posts