experience last year, tresspassing, theft, during deer season.

I have battled trespassers for over 8 years, Essentially since we bought this farm. They even cut down trees to get at my cameras (which were intentionally put high). I was shot in the arm and leg during turkey season 3 years ago by a trespasser. The season before last someone shot at me in the dark with a rifle, the round passed through the collar of my jacket just above my collar bone but fortunately missed me. I routinely find dead bucks with there heads cut off. I finally got clever and bought some dicreet cameras (for nurseries) and some apple air tags. It has paid dividends in catching the !##$%^
My goodness, I have never heard someone with a bad enough issue that people were shooting at them.

My daughter ended up liking a ground blind a few years back, so last year for her birthday in October, I bought her one of those see through blinds. We set it up on our property in the woods on flat ground. Hunting out of it, and a field opening weekend. The following weekend, we had something come up (stuff always comes up during gun season), and couldnt make it out. My step brother had his daughter with him in it once, another time, then went further out back, and into the steep hollar. He ended up texting me that weekend asking if I had put up a tree stand on the back of our property at the bottome of the hollar. Told him I hadnt. It was taken down. My step father went about asking a few close neibhors about it. Everyone said no, etc, they were not the type to do stuff like that. There were some suspicions of another family though.

The last weekend we came out, our blind was gone. So, guessing whomevers stand that was, noticed it missing, and came up top, saw the blind and took it.

Anyone else experienced things like this, and how did you handle it? I have some no tresspassing signs / no hunting signs that I plan to put out. But if our suspisions are correct on whom it was, someone who has had a past history of poaching, drugs, and theft.
Cell cameras ,that way if they should steal your camera the photos are on your phone. Also use what they call bear boxes. lag bolt them to a tree and the camera is locked inside that making it much harder to take.

I have battled trespassers for over 8 years, Essentially since we bought this farm. They even cut down trees to get at my cameras (which were intentionally put high). I was shot in the arm and leg during turkey season 3 years ago by a trespasser. The season before last someone shot at me in the dark with a rifle, the round passed through the collar of my jacket just above my collar bone but fortunately missed me. I routinely find dead bucks with there heads cut off. I finally got clever and bought some dicreet cameras (for nurseries) and some apple air tags. It has paid dividends in catching the !##$%^
Kind of makes you not want to go to West Virginia don't it?

Sounds like you need to be armed up pretty good when you are there.
I am armed to the teeth on the farm, tractor has gun racks, no matter where I am or what I am doing I have two, one on me and a rifle.

IMG_0022.jpeg

Too much?

In Florida trespassing with a firearm is a felony. If you are shooting onto another property that is trespassing as well. You do need to post your property in Florida and you can establish criminal trespassing with law enforcement with identified individuals. It seems to be very different state to state

Thanks

Buck

My daughter ended up liking a ground blind a few years back, so last year for her birthday in October, I bought her one of those see through blinds. We set it up on our property in the woods on flat ground. Hunting out of it, and a field opening weekend. The following weekend, we had something come up (stuff always comes up during gun season), and couldnt make it out. My step brother had his daughter with him in it once, another time, then went further out back, and into the steep hollar. He ended up texting me that weekend asking if I had put up a tree stand on the back of our property at the bottome of the hollar. Told him I hadnt. It was taken down. My step father went about asking a few close neibhors about it. Everyone said no, etc, they were not the type to do stuff like that. There were some suspicions of another family though.

The last weekend we came out, our blind was gone. So, guessing whomevers stand that was, noticed it missing, and came up top, saw the blind and took it.

Anyone else experienced things like this, and how did you handle it? I have some no tresspassing signs / no hunting signs that I plan to put out. But if our suspisions are correct on whom it was, someone who has had a past history of poaching, drugs, and theft.
I always have several cameras pointing towards my blind and the paths going to it