Thunderbeast Ultra 5..... Anyone used one?

Depends on your style of hunting. If I was going to beat the brush here in western Oregon, then yes it probably is. Having said that ive often wondered why I don't just carry a pistol for hunting like that. I don't think I'll have an issue when I hunt the farm fields and the breaks of western Washington or Idaho.

If your only using a 6.5 SAS makes a 6.2 9ozs suppressor the Barricade. Tim built this to be the smallest, lightest suppressor on the market. Made for PRS matches, but great for hunting as well.

Here is a vid to show at the shooters ear DB levels

Less then 127DB's.

Plus they are currently on sale.
contact me for best Pricing.

Thanks
Steve
RTLW
816-718-9489

Im also interested in that- I have a 6.5 SAUM as well (20" barrel). Is the barricade rated for SAUM? Couldnt find rating info on their website.

I ran a 5" Ultra on a 18" fieldcraft in 308 this season. I have 7" and 9" as well, just wanted to run the most compact kit. I'm very happy with it's performance and if you look for youtube video's from TBAC you'll find testing Ray has done with it; actual dB numbers. shooter's ear and mil spec testing. there's always trade offs

Have you got any other suppressors to compare it against? I'm thinking there should be a correlation between muzzle pressure and the suppression. I'm wanting to have my winchester extreme weather 30-06 threaded and I believe being a 22 inch barrel it would give acceptable sound reduction.
I've already got a surefire 300 sps and it's super quiet but it's ~20 oz and 8 inches long. Also I believe the EW will need 9/16 threads and Surefire doesn't seem to have an adapter for that.

About a week ago I went to a buddy's ranch for a few days to do some shooting with multiple cartridges and a couple different suppressors to try out. He happened to bring one of his sheep rifles to play around with. It was a proof switch rifle in 6.5 PRC with a sendero light CF barrel, 24" and an ultra 5 can, nightforce 2-10 optic. If I had to guess the whole set up minus bi pod probably weighed around 8.5lbs. The 3 of us spent about half of one day competing against each other all using this same rifle, shooting it from improvised positions that you might experience hunting and we shot it from the bench a little also. Ranges where from 100-800 yards. When I first saw this can I didn't expect much from it due to the small size. But after spending some time shooting with it I was thoroughly impressed. The first thing I noticed was that the balance of the rifle with the light can and barrel combination was surprising. Swinging the rifle from target to target free handed standing it didn't feel much different than swinging my 26in sendero proof CF barrel with a brake. The overall length all set up with the short can wasn't to long so I wouldn't mind packing it in the mountains. Normally I wouldn't want something that long hanging off a pack but it was light enough at the muzzle end I wouldn't mind packing it. I had some ear plugs in just slightly but the other 2 guys didn't wear plugs the whole time and never complained of any ear ringing. Now it didn't reduce recoil like a full size can but that was expected. It was just a 6.5 PRC so recoil wasn't bad at all. Something else worth mentioning was that we were only using Hornady factory ammo for this particular rifle and it shot very well, just as good as handloads. If your wanting a suppressed sheep rifle or a short suppressed and lighter hunting rig it is a solid option, and I'm sure it would be a good choice for a Comp rifle as well if you wanted to keep the length and muzzle blast down.

About a week ago I went to a buddy's ranch for a few days to do some shooting with multiple cartridges and a couple different suppressors to try out. He happened to bring one of his sheep rifles to play around with. It was a proof switch rifle in 6.5 PRC with a sendero light CF barrel, 24" and an ultra 5 can, nightforce 2-10 optic. If I had to guess the whole set up minus bi pod probably weighed around 8.5lbs. The 3 of us spent about half of one day competing against each other all using this same rifle, shooting it from improvised positions that you might experience hunting and we shot it from the bench a little also. Ranges where from 100-800 yards. When I first saw this can I didn't expect much from it due to the small size. But after spending some time shooting with it I was thoroughly impressed. The first thing I noticed was that the balance of the rifle with the light can and barrel combination was surprising. Swinging the rifle from target to target free handed standing it didn't feel much different than swinging my 26in sendero proof CF barrel with a brake. The overall length all set up with the short can wasn't to long so I wouldn't mind packing it in the mountains. Normally I wouldn't want something that long hanging off a pack but it was light enough at the muzzle end I wouldn't mind packing it. I had some ear plugs in just slightly but the other 2 guys didn't wear plugs the whole time and never complained of any ear ringing. Now it didn't reduce recoil like a full size can but that was expected. It was just a 6.5 PRC so recoil wasn't bad at all. Something else worth mentioning was that we were only using Hornady factory ammo for this particular rifle and it shot very well, just as good as handloads. If your wanting a suppressed sheep rifle or a short suppressed and lighter hunting rig it is a solid option, and I'm sure it would be a good choice for a Comp rifle as well if you wanted to keep the length and muzzle blast down.

That's kind of what I was expecting. I'm thinking on a 22 inch 30-06 it would be just right. It would come in under 26 and not affect the balance. Lots of people are suggesting a shorter barrel with a longer suppressor but that just eats into your velocity and gives you the same OAL.

Have you got any other suppressors to compare it against? I'm thinking there should be a correlation between muzzle pressure and the suppression. I'm wanting to have my winchester extreme weather 30-06 threaded and I believe being a 22 inch barrel it would give acceptable sound reduction.
I've already got a surefire 300 sps and it's super quiet but it's ~20 oz and 8 inches long. Also I believe the EW will need 9/16 threads and Surefire doesn't seem to have an adapter for that.

FFL/SOT holder so I have a large stable of cans, primarily TBAC stuff. The correlation you mention isn't something I can comment on, the only thing objective means to evaluate is a Db meter I suppose. A 6.5 5" Ultra demo showed up yesterday but haven't had the chance to do any non-scientific testing. I'm most interested in Recoil as they all keep sound to reasonable levels imo, rven the 5"s. I firmly believe the 5" is an outstanding option, the Db tradeoff is worth it in a lot of backpacking, busting brush kinda hunting. Sitting over a field and walking back to the truck? Go big, little penalty for the added length and a little weight. Rambling..sorry hope I helped

I have a Thunderbeast 30CB thread over break on my 300WM.
The guy who built it said to use a Ultra 9? I haven't decided if I want to fool with the paperwork and expense..It looks to be a big time hassle!
I have a FFL and that was a pain in the butt.

FFL/SOT holder so I have a large stable of cans, primarily TBAC stuff. The correlation you mention isn't something I can comment on, the only thing objective means to evaluate is a Db meter I suppose. A 6.5 5" Ultra demo showed up yesterday but haven't had the chance to do any non-scientific testing. I'm most interested in Recoil as they all keep sound to reasonable levels imo, rven the 5"s. I firmly believe the 5" is an outstanding option, the Db tradeoff is worth it in a lot of backpacking, busting brush kinda hunting. Sitting over a field and walking back to the truck? Go big, little penalty for the added length and a little weight. Rambling..sorry hope I helped

If you get bored look at recent silencershop videos for the barrel length correlation. In newer videos they've been running a 16 inch 308 and the ear numbers have been ~136-138dB vs on the 20 inch they used to test most full size cans were ~130 at the the ear. Muzzle numbers are 3-5 dB higher too

I have a Thunderbeast 30CB thread over break on my 300WM.
The guy who built it said to use a Ultra 9? I haven't decided if I want to fool with the paperwork and expense..It looks to be a big time hassle!
I have a FFL and that was a pain in the butt.
It's not that bad. Worst part is the wait. Your ears will thank you. Depending on your barrel length you might look at the 7. On YouTube one of the guys from Thunderbeast runs the whole ultra line on a 26 inch 300 if you're interested.

Well it's a 26" MTU taper. It's a big heavy rig. But I will check them out..
I have been shooting with molded rubber plugs with Walkers over them?
I doesn't seem too loud.

300-Win-Mag-3.jpg 300-Win-Mag-4.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.