Dead Air Nomad TI or Thunderbeast ultra 7

I have a TBAC Ultra 7 and theres nothing more you can ask for in a can other than the ability to place a brake on it. My other friends have a DA Nomad Ti and they have amazing customer service from what i've seen, and an SiCo Omega and it too has been great.

I am also on the fence about the DA Nomad Ti, Ultra 7 and the CGM Helios.
7 SAUM, 6.5 Creed, .243, and 224 Valkyrie in a gas gun.
TBAC is the way to go. Nothing compares for precision and repeatability.

I've got a Gen 1 Ultra 9, Gen 2 Ultra 7... I wish I had gotten the Ultra 5... so now I have one of those in jail.

TBAC is the way to go. Nothing compares for precision and repeatability.

I've got a Gen 1 Ultra 9, Gen 2 Ultra 7... I wish I had gotten the Ultra 5... so now I have one of those in jail.
You have any research to back that?
Afaik nobody does accuracy test on cans that ever amounts to anything this day and time.
Manufacturing has became so consistent and precise that it's not an issue with the cans of this era. TBAC definitely lives off of the lines you just typed, but is it truly backed by data?

You have any research to back that?
Afaik nobody does accuracy test on cans that ever amounts to anything this day and time.
Manufacturing has became so consistent and precise that it's not an issue with the cans of this era. TBAC definitely lives off of the lines you just typed, but is it truly backed by data?
Agreed. Is this accurate enough?
49B3B6A4-3F21-4FAC-A1C4-5E18AD596BF7.jpeg

And from a lowly $600 SiCo Harvester.

Agreed. Is this accurate enough?
View attachment 426671
And from a lowly $600 SiCo Harvester.
I don't think that counts because he was asking about actual data, not a cherry picked 3 round group lol. All jokes aside, i would love to see some actual data on the "repeatability" and "accuracy" of different cans. Everyone throws those words around but no actual Data. I'm talking a lot of rounds side by side with other cans from the same gun. And testing repeatability by taking the can off and on every so often

I don't think that counts because he was asking about actual data, not a cherry picked 3 round group lol. All jokes aside, i would love to see some actual data on the "repeatability" and "accuracy" of different cans. Everyone throws those words around but no actual Data. I'm talking a lot of rounds side by side with other cans from the same gun. And testing repeatability by taking the can off and on every so often
You are assuming that's a one off group. That one just happened to be during load development and one that I hadn't at the moment.

I was actually trying to reinforce your point. I don't believe one suppressor is inherently more accurate than another. I currently own 13 can from at least 6 different manufacturers and I have no problem getting any of them to shoot small groups.

You are assuming that's a one off group. That one just happened to be during load development and one that I hadn't at the moment.

I was actually trying to reinforce your point. I don't believe one suppressor is inherently more accurate than another. I currently own 13 can from at least 6 different manufacturers and I have no problem getting any of them to shoot small groups.
I know I know. I probably came off too sarcastic, and I apologize. I guess my mind set is in that recent hornady podcast with hundreds of shots of data points. Be cool to see if a third party could produce something similar with suppressors. I agree in that tbac lives off the accuracy claim. However, there are no tests out there that I know of that actually compare one can to the next in terms of accuracy and repeatability. FWIW, I own TBAC and have no problems with them.

I know I know. I probably came off too sarcastic, and I apologize. I guess my mind set is in that recent hornady podcast with hundreds of shots and of data points. Be cool to see if a third party could produce something similar with suppressors. I agree in that tbac lives off the accuracy claim. However, there are no tests out there that I know of that actually compare one can to the next in terms of accuracy and repeatability. FWIW, I own TBAC and have no problems with them.
I'm not saying TBAC cans aren't great, I'm sure they are. I don't know that they are "better" enough for the premium price.

After extensive research and comparison to several different suppressor makers & models,
I opted for the Dead Air Nomad LTi
Added their e-brake & a couple mounting options.
Nice timing. I got a nomad LT today as well.

Could never find the LTi in stock and believe them to be exactly the same. Curious where you got yours and if you have seen any difference?

Last edited:
Nice timing. I got a nomad LT today as well.

Could never find the LTi in stock and believe them to be exactly the same. Curious where you got yours and if you have seen any difference?

There are 4 models of Nomad, the 30, Ti, L & LT. The 30 and Ti are the 6.5" models and the L & LT are the 8.3" ones. The Ti and the LT are the two titanium ones, I have the 30, Ti and the L but no LT as it didn't fit the bill.

Tracking. But they came out with a newly branded LTi a few months back. 99% sure it's just a name change of the LT (added an i…maybe to sync their names, not sure).

See below.

Same from what I can tell. A year ago silincerco had on their site that the nomad LT was only available through them (that has obviously changed) but I wonder if that is why dead air changed the name slightly. Or maybe there are actually changes.

Last edited: