Tell me what you see…

I am more than likely to go with X-caliber when one of my ARs is due for a re-barrel.
X-Caliber is what my gunsmith uses for ALL his AR work…..unless the customer specifically chooses another maker. He's a retired Marine Master Sgt with plenty of experience with the platform. 👍

@Koda_

Like you, I cannot find what I have anywhere on Hornady's site. I bet they're phasing the BTHP out completely….
Good sleuthing, especially with the Grendel forum hacked or messed up like its been. Sounds like you will have to decide if you want to continue using the BTHP option. It did group the best for you too.
Marketing, supply chain issues... I got tired of it all for my hunting ammo and got into handloading for that including my Grendel. I hear your 8208 XBR is a good powder in the Grendel..... Get a load development over with and call it good.

I hear your 8208 XBR is a good powder in the Grendel..... Get a load development over with and call it good.
Yep….it's a GREAT powder for the 6.5 Grendel, but I use it for smokeless muzzleloader applications. I kinda got OUT of hand-loading for CF cartridges when I discovered how accurate SML's can be. I may get back into it at some point…..🤷‍♂️

Yep….it's a GREAT powder for the 6.5 Grendel, but I use it for smokeless muzzleloader applications. I kinda got OUT of hand-loading for CF cartridges when I discovered how accurate SML's can be. I may get back into it at some point…..🤷‍♂️
I wanted to try the XBR but its been unobtainium, I did end up with a good respectable load for my Grendel though. Im not really into hand-laoding as a hobby just want a hunting load recipe for each rifle.
No experience with muzzleloaders but think a smoke plume would be fun. :p Ive thought about getting a muzzleloader just to hunt the deer in full mid rut out here but I'm outta time and money to add one more to the fold but it would be fun.

It's a TON of fun to launch 300-325 grain bullets at 3,000 & 3,100 fps respectively. It's even more fun to watch them group into a half minute (or better) at 400+ yards! 😉

It's a TON of fun to launch 300-325 grain bullets at 3,000 & 3,100 fps respectively. It's even more fun to watch them group into a half minute (or better) at 400+ yards! 😉
:oops: 300+ at over 3000fps... that is some power. I did not know muzzleloaders cranked out that kind of power.