Sous vide venison backstrap with blueberry balsamic glaze and blue cheese butter...

I see what you are saying about eating it raw. When I butcher a deer I always save a chunk of the loin which I slice thin and enjoy raw with a couple beers after everything is processed and cleaned up. I do the same thing when cleaning most types of fish. I also freeze small cuts of loin and salmon that I use for tartare.

The one thing that sous vide does is make the meat much more tender than just searing alone. I love it for venison football roast. Salt roast, sear, apply a generous amount of seasoning, sous vide at 130 for 24 hours let sit in fridge for another day or two, slice thin for the best roast venison sandwich imaginable.
**** it that is making me hungry. I least it is close enough for me to start thinking about lunch. We usually put the deer roast in the crockpot and eat it like pot roast. The only way I eat salmon is raw, that is one of those fish for me that if it is cooked I don't like it. I want to like it and will try it every once in a while, but still don't like it
Raw venison
1682052970193.png

Raw salmon
1682051970780.jpeg

This is about how I like mine, a good char and very rare. It takes a good hot fire, I use some charcoal and pecan wood when I cook on the grill.

Attachments

• PXL_20230429_210841199.jpg
    PXL_20230429_210841199.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38